A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dragon's Dogma

Okay, I get the capcom hate with the MML3 fiasco but I can't believe there's not even a sliver of talk about this wonderful game on here. I personally feel that this is the best game that has come out in a long time. If you guys haven't even heard of it, I highly suggest you look it up. There are demos both on PSN and XBL for you to try it out. If some of you have it, share your pawns. It would be cool to have some SFGHQ pawn sharing.

I keep hearing mixed things about it, some things about it are really cool and some are just strange. I honestly am waiting for the pc version of dark souls to get put out on steam though, I am a sucker for masochistic slaughterfests with cool weapons and armor and a solid stat system :D

EDIT: also I really don't understand all the capcom hate, they're still a solid company with a good set of game engines that run fluidly on both pc and console. Their IP's are for the most part excellent and I've always loved their style. Sure megaman has been pretty much put to pasture at this point and that's a bit disappointing but I'm not gonna sit here and hate the whole company for it.

I keep hearing mixed things about it, some things about it are really cool and some are just strange. I honestly am waiting for the pc version of dark souls to get put out on steam though, I am a sucker for masochistic slaughterfests with cool weapons and armor and a solid stat system :D

EDIT: also I really don't understand all the capcom hate, they're still a solid company with a good set of game engines that run fluidly on both pc and console. Their IP's are for the most part excellent and I've always loved their style. Sure megaman has been pretty much put to pasture at this point and that's a bit disappointing but I'm not gonna sit here and hate the whole company for it.

Well, besides Megaman, there was the whole DmC controversy which could have being avoided and their insistence of locked on disc content.

To me, thats 3 strikes.

Well, besides Megaman, there was the whole DmC controversy which could have being avoided and their insistence of locked on disc content.

To me, thats 3 strikes.

You mean Street fighter X tekken? Meh game isn't that good anyways. They learned their lesson, consumers catch the problem and they admit it was stupid, slap on the wrist let them go. At least they still have yet to go down the online pass route where every new copy comes with a code to take the game online like EA fucking does.

I was watching my friends play this game. Was really blown away. Lots of interesting spells, enemies, and quests from what I've seen. Oh and dat Pawn system, which is just fucking cool. Most of the reviews I've seen for it slam it into the ground though. I guess I haven't gotten it yet because of the reviews...and everybody seems to have it for PS3, and I has an xbox... :(

EDIT: also I really don't understand all the capcom hate, they're still a solid company with a good set of game engines that run fluidly on both pc and console.

And this is about alll they're good for anymore.

I used to love capcom for their work ethic and wonderful execution, but lately all of their videogames just feel like they designed them off a damn flowchart.

They still make good games, they just dont make exceptional ones anymore to me. At least, their fighters and older IPs are nothing more than cows to them now.

we're in a time where big companies really can't afford to take risks with mind-blowing games. it's much safer to stick with a good formula and make money from that.

this is why indie games are doing so well, they have nothing to lose by taking a risk with a new idea. And then when that new idea takes off, a big game company buys them out.

DD is a brand new IP they took a leap of faith on. The reason why the reviewers don't like it is because 1, they weren't paid off to like this one and 2, the game doesn't fucking hold your hand. It's not masochistic difficult like Dark/Demon's Souls but it is generally difficult if you don't know wtf you're doing. The game has lots of exploration and little details that make you say wow, that's really fuckin cool. I remember throwing a borrowed pawn over a ledge. My main pawn walks to the ledge, peered down and said something like "that sure looks like a long drop". It has all these little moments that are really fuckin cool. If you guys are really on the fence about it, I do suggest you go play the demo both on PSN and XBL. In the demo, you are super overleveled for what you're fighting but it gives you a really good idea of how the game flows.

I'd give it a whirl if it was on the PC. I don't own a PS3 or XBOX360. Really don't intend too. Although, I might get a PS3 for Disgaea and Tales of games. Anyway, my brother does have a PS3 and he has this game. From what I've seen, it looks some what interesting. I haven't seen him play it much though.

• 4 weeks later...

I just snagged htis game for 360, it's been gaining a huge cult following, similar to dark souls and demon souls so I took the bait. so far I'm really enjoying this game, it's seriously unpolished but I can forgive that for excellent gameplay and some really kickass things happening.