A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Instrutilus's ARGHt Thread...

Instrutilus

Since I can't seem to find where to post a "Hi" thread, I suppose here will do. Hi, I'm Instrutilus, 19yo British bloke and the person Lucifer is warming the throne of HFIL and Hell for.

I'm a bit of a doodler...I'll leave it at that while I get a headstart from the mob with pitchforks for posting this crap. <clicks and flees>

HNI_0045.jpg

HNI_0046.jpg

HNI_0047.jpg

HNI_0050.jpg

HNI_0051.jpg

HNI_0052.jpg

HNI_0054.jpg

Image081.jpg

Image067.jpg

Image061.jpg

Image052.jpg

Image048.jpg

Image049.jpg

HNI_0038.jpg

img001.jpg

img009.jpg

img008.jpg

img007-1.jpg

img006.jpg

WTADyao.png

RM-1.png

And some sprites:

FHcsbeta.png

SRDPic.png

Sonic_Mega_Drive_Advance__by_ADHedgehog.pngSonicRoboBlastAdvance.png

Ashsprites-1.pngSonicRunning.gifClassicAmyRoseAdvance.pngMechaSonicASprite.png

CPZ.png

8-BitARZ-1.png

Oh, and while I'm at this, may as well put the potential comic and some of it's concepts up...

SCP-p1.jpg

SCP-p2.jpg

SCP-p3.jpg

SCP-p4.jpg

img003.jpg

IMG]http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr305/TheDarkness08/7yoBlazeConceptcoloured.png[/img]

A 7-year-old Blaze the Cat for a little Gaiden project.

img012.jpg

4 Hyper Sonic designs. Please choose which one you'd prefer to see him take when the S3K chapters arrive :L

img013.jpg

Of course, I doubt this'll get off the ground: I need an inker because all my attempts at inking aren't decent enough for a comic imo, only designs. Oh well "OTL

Oh my! You have good clean lines on all of the drawings you did, I don't have strong steady hands unless I have a ruler to make nice straight lines and curves. I'm proud of you keep doodling whatever your concept pops up. :awink:

You should do short comics for color practice and angles. Love the sprites you worked on. n_n Looking forward to see more of your work. :asmile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guessing none, then? Well then, amma ask something silly: would anyone care to assist me by digitally inking my comics? Nothing permanent unless you want, but I'd rather have a comic put out sooner with assistance then later with me learning to quickink digitally.

(Don't worry, I'll merge this and the above post once someone else has commented.)

And here's a couple of things so this post is relevant to this thread:

Above, digitally coloured and avatar'd:

Sonic-InkingandColoured.png

Bored doodle...in Minecraft:

MinecraftSonnic.png

From S:COut's thread:

SCOutTitleSonic.png

And a fandoodle of Freedom Planet and the inevitable "Planet Freedom" from the Sonic OVA joke:

img039.jpg

(I'm aware her eyes aren't focused on Sonic, my bad)

Thank you very much, Flaria.

Now, because I've been unable to get to a point of comfort with my digital inking, but want to get this thing out soon, I've decided to Handdraw everything and simply digitally add the speech. Some people like the handdrawn look, so I'm gonna throw my bets on that.

So here it is, page one of a badly drawn comic:

ComicPage1-2-1.png

Thats... Amazing :o Thats not badly drawn at all, The detail in the 3rd box is awesome man, You've planned out all the ledges and waterfall openings and floating platforms :)

How did you do the stars in the first box may I ask? If it was hand drawn they must of took a LOT of time?

Thats... Amazing :o Thats not badly drawn at all, The detail in the 3rd box is awesome man, You've planned out all the ledges and waterfall openings and floating platforms :)

How did you do the stars in the first box may I ask? If it was hand drawn they must of took a LOT of time?

Naw, I simply typed starfield into google and chose a public domain image. I rearranged it alittle after trying to figure out what the stars would look like from Mobius (seeing as the box shows it's an Earth COLONY, aka NOT Earth =P) and edited it in.

There, should've fixed it.

Anyway, the pencil I used ran out, so I decided to doodle something with a new one to get used to it. In the process, I got an idea out my head:

img047.jpg

Simply put, I wanna make a tactical game with several factions fighting in several wars mentioned and wll be mentioned in my new comic's universe: the Robotnik Empire's occupation of South Island is one of those that would be displayed as Scrap Brain Zone was a G.U.N. base before Robotnik took over and mangled it into the polluted factory you see. The gameplay would consist of a isometric "chessboard" view that you send groups you custom create from the HQ around. Depending on the Level of Training the troops get or the AI programmed in, when a conflict occurs they would do several things: L1 would simply stand and shoot ala the Shadow the Hedgehog Soldiers, while L5s would find cover and coverfire each other as they push forward, think more tactically, basically.

The problem is, however, I can't program in MMF2 for crap. Sope, faux dream. Think I should continue using that pencil or should I try for something else?

Man, you're pretty talented. Nice work.

However, I personally think that the use of such a standard digital font in your comic strip sort of detracts from the comic. I think if you took the time to sketch the font in, it would be worth the extra effort. But, that's just, like, my opinion, man. lol

Thanks 1LT Worm. I'll look into your advice.

Btw, I've decided I may as well try and figure out a way to make that Wars of Mobius game thing. First place I'm gonna try and do is South Island - Green Hill Zone (Robotnik Empire Occupation). Do you think this:

img049.jpg

is an accurate representation and a fair area for a battlefield?

5-13 Post:

Hey look! Non-Sonic drawings! It's the apocalypse!!! D:

For Project: Petrock

MegaManGutsManArmourConcept.png

AiRockMan.png

<plottingly plotting a villainous plot of Zero>

ZerosReconstruction.png

Bass designs for both current, armourless and original selves.

ProjectFort.png

And finally, I'm considering, since Strife mentioned on another forum he would love to play an arthack with the MMZ style replaced by the MMX style, doing just that once S:COut is complete. What do you think?

MMZMMXZChange.png

<I'll merge with above as soon as another comment arrives>

• 1 month later...

Attempt at drawing Bass. Keyword: Attempt.

attempt_at_drawing_bass_by_adhedgehog-d4yll2y.png

Doodle of Zekyuram, or Complete Kyurem, whichever you wanna call it.

doodle___zekyuram_by_adhedgehog-d4zt0vw.png

A request I did.

request___a_rose_and_her_thorns_by_adhedgehog-d4zvt6q.png

ZerosReconstruction.png

<plottingly plotting of plots>

FXXZ.png

Zero and X, Zero-styled X designs :L

img065.jpg

Random doodle

Hmm...

img066.jpg

Gonna need people to design Mavericks...my designs suck...

• 2 months later...

I have a request: is anyone halfway decent at Source Filmmaker? Just, I've an Sonic story I really want to transfer into movie format, but no experience and I fear my lack of experience with the program, despite it's apparent ease of use, will hinder it's look. Otherwise, I'll have to make do with a comic format, such as this:

img083.jpg

Just a basic sketch, but I think I'll need huge improvement...

• 1 month later...

Thank you greatly, Techokami. Welp, I've recently managed to shake off my depression long enough to get a few things done. First, a couple of pencil sketches.

Blaze Backstory Concepts.

concept___blaze_backstory_drawings__by_adhedgehog-d5g8vjh.jpg

Pages 4 and 5 Travels Around Mobius Preview, to show I'm still working on it, just depression is a bitch.

tamsi_pages_4_5_preview_by_adhedgehog-d5gcba1.png

(this is coming as soon as I get the thing 'inked' and possibly coloured, depending on if poeple want it or not).

And a couple of coloured images.

ProtoManda, cause one of the BSCrew, Nathan (DKC3), laughed at my ProtoManda joke during their livestream <3

doodle___brainscratchcomms_protomanda__by_adhedgehog-d5g8o59.png

BatJohnny, because frankly that was hilarious.

doodle___brainscratchcomms_batjohnny__by_adhedgehog-d5ga6zs.png

And Sonic playing Sonic Genesis.

sonic_genesis_rage__raaaage____by_adhedgehog-d5gavxi.png