A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic * Cybernetic Outbreak.

Varion Icaria

Well My good friend Rael told me I should come here to display my game, It's still in the works. It's more of a hack than a fangame because I'm working straight out of Sonic 3k upgrading and changing it as I see fit. The Story is unclear for the game for right now but the basic Premise is, a Cybernetic War lead by Mecha Sonic. Instrutilus will explain more if he sees fit. Now I've been working on this game for almost 9 years now. Reason i've taken so long was both because of life and it took awhile before the scene got to S3K which had everything I required for producing what I want out of my game. I will be posting some screenshots below of many tests that I've done and of some of the levels. It's still in Alpha stages but it will get a release soon enough.

S4BUILT001.png

Custom Rewritten Green Hill Boss with twists.

Cyb-Out023.png

Testing Eggman with Emerald in Radon Factory's Preliminary art.

Cyb-Out018.jpg

The new adaptation of Silver Sonic.

Cyb-Out011.jpg

Angel Island Act1/2 Combination to remove the Fire bit.

Cyb-Out001.png

Self Explanitory

S4BUILT009.png

His Return.

There will be other pics as I update the game. Hope you all like it.

<shrug> I'll just throw up that purposefully bad manual plot based on the old US manuals and leave the spoilers on that.

Chaos over the Ocean!

Sonic: Cybernetic Outbreak’s story begins with Sonic the Hedgehog, the cool blue dude with ‘tude, flying back from his travels around Mobius to see his favourite two tailed companion, Miles ‘Tails’ Prower, in his home on Cocoa Island as a surprise. However, as he passes the legendary floating island, he notices that it’s under attack!

Landing upon the wonderous island, he sees several new, strange badniks attacking animals and dumping them into capsules to turn into more of the fiendish creations. Clearly the use of badniks proves the evil dictator, Doctor Robotnik, is behind this! Our hero immediately goes to seek out the maniacal genius and stop him in his fiendish goals.

Knuckles isn’t having a good day either: the badniks attacking his island have successfully broken into the mystical Hidden Palace Zone and are trying to take his Chaos Emeralds! Whatever Robotnik’s game is, he’s not going to get any of the Guardian’s Emeralds to achieve his villainous goals, even if he has to destroy every single badnik on the island!

Meanwhile, on Cocoa Island, a sleeping Tails is awoken by an explosion in the forest. Wondering if it’s another attack by the Battle Kukku Army, he speeds off to see an army of badniks! Has Robotnik discovered his little island residence and decided to take it as revenge against him and Sonic’s constant interference? Either way, he must stop them!

Will Sonic, Tails and Knuckles be able to defeat these new foes and protect Mobius from the huge threat they pose? There’s no doubt in the cool blue dude with an attitude’s whole body, but even then a larger threat is present…

The Name of the Game!

Take control of Sonic, Tails or Knuckles as they rush across various zones and battle badniks, all while they try and figure out this newest plan to take control of the world. With Sonic’s supersonic speed, Knuckles’ superechidna strength and Tails’ brains to match his buddies’ brawn, the bad guys won’t know what hit ‘em until it’s too late!

• 5 weeks later...
Varion: US Citizen, bloke with the original idea and project leader.

Flaria: US Citizen, woman he lives with (I'm unsure if they're married or just a couple....eh).

Me: British, that's all you need to know of me.

Óh.

Then sorry about what I said.

Seems like a nice project, btw. Are you using MMF2?

I'm pretty curious about how Mecha Sonic and Silver Sonic fit on the story.

I've watched you with this project for years, and I know you've had irl stuff going on, but I can't wait to see a playable zone or two in the near future.

PS: Thought you were using my egg-mobile for the GHZ boss? Did you lose the sprite or just sticking to the S3 one?

I find it commendable that you're building this from the ground up for the Sega Genesis, as many people simply wouldn't have the patience to learn programming for specific consoles. Keep it up! :D

Thanks, I had to take apart S3K in order to get where I needed to be with the game. It's helped greatly and the game will have a beta sometime soon.