A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

StriC's Sprites and Art

StriCNYN3

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Stric is making the sprites from scratch, drawing the frame poses on paper first (as you can see above) for our upcoming Sonic game, and any spriting advice such as with anti-aliasing, shading, etc will be appreciated. We're both novices at spiriting for reference!

I agree what everyone said above about the right hand looked like it's nothing there but invisible state. Try adding darker shade to make the glove stands out from the sock area.

For the second sprite, he looked like he is ready to go dive in the water as a water tunic without using the bubbles to gets some air in the level zone. Try to match the color from the first sprite and try your best adding the small smirk like from your sketch. x3

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated =)

I haven't noticed until now, buy yea i can see where you'd get confused with the socks and gloves. i wanted to throw in a finger, but im just not that good in spriting yet. I kinda wanna see if any of you guys can take a spin at at, just to see where i should improve on and such.

For the second one, I was just messing around with colors. I don't think the colors look too off though, or maybe it's just me =/

• 2 weeks later...