A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Lange

Yes it is a slightly faster tempo, and now matches act 1's tempo. Even so it is still over twice as long as the original.

Wouldn't it be better to tell him that in PM

Also why isn't Radical Train on the special stage list :<

lolyes, sorry. But I've been flooding him with PMs about bugs/whatever so I decided to post that question (since it was on my mind at the time) here, to keep his Inbox clean.

DOESN'T MATTER THOUGH: I solved the problem.

Yay!

Falk, DJMax-E, don't know how often you read this thread, but l just want to say, ignore that Marcos Garcia 58 guy on soundcloud, he really is just being majorly butthurt and a douche about not getting the exact type of lava stage music that HE would want, going to the point of saying "Lake feperd is a bully" and other things he says/implies is completely insane.

Don't take any of his criticism about those tracks seriously or let him make you feel bad and demotivate you, you made a deliberate choice to create a certain mood with those tracks and not do the typical aggressiveness of a lava stage and I think it sounds fantastic. We already have lava reef's tracks we don't need the same style again.

Falk, DJMax-E, don't know how often you read this thread, but l just want to say, ignore that Marcos Garcia 58 guy on soundcloud, he really is just being majorly butthurt and a douche about not getting the exact type of lava stage music that HE would want, going to the point of saying "Lake feperd is a bully" and other things he says/implies is completely insane.

Don't take any of his criticism about those tracks seriously or let him make you feel bad and demotivate you, you made a deliberate choice to create a certain mood with those tracks and not do the typical aggressiveness of a lava stage and I think it sounds fantastic. We already have lava reef's tracks we don't need the same style again.

what can you say, the guy is srs when it comes to criticising sonic music.

There was someone on soundcloud commenting on act 2 of Redhot Ride saying it wasn't aggressive/active enough, all kinds of things-

!!!!! here in an old name and yup that must be me your referring too maybe. Yeah too be perfectly honest I don't like the track at all. Those horrid synths at 0:28, that uncomfortable synth bass... I've never felt so depressed and so willing to drown myself in boiling magma. Maybe that was the song's intent? :P (Dramatization of course) Ok, it doesn't have to be aggressive. However, Sonic music is known for how memorable and well structured they are. I've never heard a song from a mainstream Sonic game that sounded bad, maybe I disagreed with the song's genre but it wasn't horrible. BTW I think RRZ1&3 are really good, but this kinda kills how good they are.

Sonic Music in my opinion = Catchy <---------- "Fitting In" (here's of an funky example song I can think of that the 2nd act could have been based on and taken WAYYYYY less flak if none at all)

EDIT: Misunderstanding

I was really, really, REALLY hype for the music, now not so much. I hope this criticism will help you musicians improve not tear you down.

I'm not entirely sure how calling somebody out for jumping to conclusions and bashing the guy who didn't even do anything is "anti-hater." Please explain. I've always been of the mindset that there's no such thing as a stupid opinion, but there is such a thing as a stupid reason for having that opinion. I wasn't attacking the guy for not liking the music, I was calling him out on the fact that he was acting ignorant and blaming Lake for the music not meeting his standards, even going so far as to call Lake a "bully." He could have just said "This isn't really as good as your other tracks, it feels like you're rushing these out to meet the deadline" or something like that and I wouldn't have minded one bit. I didn't even say anything about his opinions on the soundtrack at all, only that his judgement of Lake was unfair.

I also have to question why you're being put off the soundtrack because of the fans' reactions to it, because fans of a work shouldn't really reflect on the work itself or the people working on it. The sound guys are working hard on this and it seems unfair that you'd lose hype for the music because of something some random guy said. Falk even replied to the guy, and his response was perfectly reasonable and mature. A lot moreso than mine was at least :<

1. https://soundcloud.com/djmaxeofficial/redhot-ride-zone-act-3

"You guys are doing a heck of a job on the OST, as your addressing all the concerns I had with the previous OST (Mostly regarding repetitiveness and looping issues) and increasing your skills tenfold. I feel like LakeFepard is being a bully, putting demands and threatening you guys with his deadline. He's lucky he has a group of talented people like you to do the OST, so I think he should shush."

"Just putting my opinion out there. I still will support you guys with buying the soundtrack, but if he decides to release the game as it is without putting in your music, Im not supporting him."

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you were talking about Act 2 and didn't actually read his comments on act 3.

I was really, really, REALLY hype for the music, now not so much. I hope this criticism will help you musicians improve not tear you down.

1. https://soundcloud.com/djmaxeofficial/redhot-ride-zone-act-3

"You guys are doing a heck of a job on the OST, as your addressing all the concerns I had with the previous OST (Mostly regarding repetitiveness and looping issues) and increasing your skills tenfold. I feel like LakeFepard is being a bully, putting demands and threatening you guys with his deadline. He's lucky he has a group of talented people like you to do the OST, so I think he should shush."

"Just putting my opinion out there. I still will support you guys with buying the soundtrack, but if he decides to release the game as it is without putting in your music, Im not supporting him."

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you were talking about Act 2 and didn't actually read his comments on act 3.

1: Alright I stand corrected. He's definitely in the wrong there. I'll edit my post to not confuse anymore.

2: Those statements were meant to be separate I meant the criticism of the track alone should be used to help musicians better their music. It's just for me the musical hype's begun to dwindle.

1: Alright I stand corrected. He's definitely in the wrong there.

2: Those statements were meant to be separate I meant the criticism of the track alone should be used to help musicians better their music. It's just for me the musical hype's begun to dwindle.

WELL, PROBLEM SOLVED!

Back to the game: It's awesome, SSZ3 has a sexy gimmick etcetc

DISCUSS.

Last thing I'm going to say on this, "I've never heard a song from a mainstream Sonic game that sounded bad" PFFFT I can pick out tracks from the advance games, the rush games and especially games like Secret Rings/Shadow the Hedgehog that have tracks I don't think are good, I still don't think Carnival Night is too good either and that's S3&K the best sonic game imo. Also I think the attitude you display saying things like this in the face of the composers about their work "I've never felt so depressed and so willing to drown myself in boiling magma." shows you are just being a douchebag and have no tact with how to be honest with someone/discuss their work, and just shows you're massively ott in your opinions to me, that includes the Marcos Garcia guy on soundcloud to. What proves this is how you believe the whole hype/how good the ost is overall is hugely ruined for you because you don't like one track.

Anyway conversation is done with, back to the game.

I hope act 3 of Storm Station as as long as a full act (loved how they did Death Egg act 1 on BTS but would just like to see a full act this time) and that there's more minibosses in some of the other zones like we saw in Cyan City.

Last thing I'm going to say on this, "ALL tracks from mainstream sonic games are good" PFFFT I can pick out tracks from the advance games, the rush games and especially games like Secret Rings that have tracks that I don't think are good, I still don't think Carnival Night is too good either and that's S3&K the best sonic game imo.

Anyway done with this conversation, back to the game.

There are hit and miss songs but not enough to drown myself underwater. I meant mainstream (Sonic 1-3K, adventure-type, 3d unleashed style games) though i should of clarified. Carnival Night was creepy as hell but it sure was oddly memorable. You can blame MJ for that. But what was one Sonic song that made you tear your hair out?

It's pretty hard to discuss how awesome the gimmick in SS3 is when most of us haven't really played SS3, for obvious reasons.

And yeah are you talking about Sugar Splash or Storm Station?NEVERMIND NINJA'D If it's Sugar Splash then would it happen to be the thing with the water flooding the factory for a few seconds and then not flooding the factory and then flooding the factory again? Because I thought that looked pretty bitchin' when I saw it in the trailer, but it might not even be act 3 I'm referring to.

It's pretty hard to discuss how awesome the gimmick in SS3 is when most of us haven't really played SS3, for obvious reasons.

And yeah are you talking about Sugar Splash or Storm Station?NEVERMIND NINJA'D If it's Sugar Splash then would it happen to be the thing with the water flooding the factory for a few seconds and then not flooding the factory and then flooding the factory again? Because I thought that looked pretty bitchin' when I saw it in the trailer, but it might not even be act 3 I'm referring to.

YES, that! And I meant more like 'speculation'. I was just making you aware it was awesome so you could all get excited again and stop fighting...

I TRIED, DAMN IT!

Well then it's nice to know that it's as awesome as I thought it would be.

God I hate the last few days before release. So much waiting and anticipating ;_;

IT'LL BE WORTH IT, DUDE!

Oh maaaan, I'ma hype you up so hard! IT HAS DRAGONS AND TROLLS AND DAEDRA AND wait-

wait, no. That's Skyrim.

Whatever, it's worth the wait.