A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Wow, it's still here!?

RockyRaccoon

SO a discussion on Reddit got me thinking about this place. Now.

I haven't been around here in forever. We're talking, like. I almost have to use more than 1 hand ever.

I'm thinking 'Man, that place, if it's still around, has gotta be some kind of bizarre ghost town.'.

It's really nice to see this place still around! That combined with Sonic Generations not really being a complete piece of ass makes me wanna kinda get back into the Sonic Community after a. uh.

Nearly 7 year Hiatus, maybe longer than that. (I was around when SFGHQ was still using a different forum system and everything was all manual updating instead. and Rlan still ran the site.)

Who's still around from the old days anyways? and who's the cool new guys around anyways? Is Damizean? What about BlazeTheHedgehog?

Catch me up, pretty please? :awink:

Yeah, the community has been up and down in activity in recent years. From how I saw things, from 2005-2008 was a pretty low period for fan gaming. I think ever since Colors and Generations, things have been picking up more. Good Sonic games promotes fan activity I suppose? The creation and improvements over time of the Sonic Worlds engine has also helped tremendously.

Wow, I never really noticed that I joined in 2006.

7 year hiatus? While I am not old enough to have been here before, I swear I saw you posting around a bit in the community back in 2008 when I joined, because I certainly recognize the name haha.

Welcome back in any case.

It's possible I did! if I did, it was a relatively short visit. 2008 was noooot good to me at all.

, I never really noticed that I joined in 2006.

I think everyone who came from the old forums after the 'switch' 'joined in 2006', if I'm not mistaken.

I think everyone who came from the old forums after the 'switch' 'joined in 2006', if I'm not mistaken.

The 2004-2006 era was a turbulent time for the 'Q...seemed to mirror my high school days.

Shit kept getting hacked, so a few of us pitched in to get the license for vBulletin in 2006.

That was 5 and a half years ago....has it really been that long?

• 2 weeks later...