A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Fan Remix

TailsSena

People here hate Sonic Retro?

Last I saw there is a big crossover in members from here and there. There was just that silly little argument over SAGE I think, but shit like that happens sometimes. Anyway Fan Remix is alright, I can appreciate the work into it but I am not a big fan of the overall visual style of that stage. I saw snippets of Chemical Plant I think though on Retro and it was looking loads better imo.

I commend the work done, but it honestly looks like way too much crap on the screen for me. It doesn't really look anything like Sonic 2 or Emerald Hill Zone. It's pretty, but it just looks like a huge cluster of pretty effects with no real direction. In respect to the original stage at least.

And everytime i see someone put that much work into something playable, i can never help but wonder why it's into fan material.

I commend the work done, but it honestly looks like way too much crap on the screen for me. It doesn't really look anything like Sonic 2 or Emerald Hill Zone. It's pretty, but it just looks like a huge cluster of pretty effects with no real direction. In respect to the original stage at least.

And everytime i see someone put that much work into something playable, i can never help but wonder why it's into fan material.

True, I guess. Last time I played it on my desktop, I recall it looking nice, but it's blazingly unorigional, and needs to be optomized!!

Not creative enough to do something 100% original?

i just pray they're not going under that whole "we can beat sega" idea. Even at their lowest, i dont think a fan group will ever end up outdoing them. Probably because at the very least, Sega adheres to deadlines.

Im thoroughly impressed by the engine though.

Generations just kind of...you know. Competes.

Yeah, I agree with Sereph. First time this project poped up, some said "OMG THIS IS BETTER THAN WHATEVER SEGA MAKES". Funny thing is that one of the general rules of Sonic Fangaming itself - not only of this forum - is that we're not EVER comparing Fangames to the ones made by SEGA. But strangely, after Sonic Fan Remix, this doubt seemed to bother SEGA a bit. I mean, now we can be sure that they keep one eye at what the fanbase is doing.

It seems like communities such as SFGHQ and Sonic Retro are finally negotiating a dialogue with the SONICTEAM staff.

This is only my opinion. Just sayin'.

It's a shame that this project has been canceled. In my opinion the graphics were amazing and the engine was almost perfect. Me and my friends (that are Sonic fans too) had lots of fun playing it, even if it was only Emerald Hill.

Wait a sec

Is it cancelled or not, anyway?

Wait a sec

Is it cancelled or not, anyway?

As far as I know, like Retro Sonic Nexus, it's just on hold.

They have a new Chemical Plant concept video that looks astounding at one point.

I remember reading about this game with an interview with Pelikan? in some gaming magazine stating that the game would be more original.

They apparently also had hopes of re-doing the Master Systems Phantasy Star.

If I find the magazine I will scan the pages with the interview.