A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A quick worlds Anouncement

Aikocho

I'd like to see something in the engine. It isn't a gimmick, but something that has to do with the physics engine itself, although I'm not sure if it's already implemented or feasible even at this point.

As a kid, I would always jump at a certain angle while going on a loop to gain momentum. As far as I know, I haven't been able to do it any of the builds of worlds. It's seen in Nitsuja's TAS.

10sgqx2.jpg

Swag if you could take a look.

Edit: Actually, never mind. It seems to be working in delta 1.2, although not as much momentum gained as I would like. I could probably tweak it in my own game.

Sonic 3's vine swings are weird. They are actually variable length, but the longer they get the more screwed up they become.

If you are talking about the zipline vines instead... well, those are pretty tricky too. Honestly, I think gimmicks like that are probably something that should be designed independently by an individual for an individual stage. These are a little too specific and unrepeated for my tastes to give priority too when all it would really do is encourage recycling. I'd rather see an original gimmick that sort mimics the idea behind them.

@flame:

Worlds doesn't use a 1:1 physics model with the games unfortunately, and it's hard to deal with something fundamental like that without just adding a specific exception to the rules.

That said, here's Mercury's physics page for that detail:

http://info.sonicretro.org/SPG:Solid_Tiles#Reacquisition_Of_The_Ground