A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A quick worlds Anouncement

Aikocho

The update for Sonic Worlds Delta 1.3 is drawing closer and closer to completion. A lot has been added and fine tuned, plus some newer features added into the application.

For anyone that is still willing or still have any contributions or suggestions for Sonic Worlds Delta, Now would be a good time to do so.

Was going to suggest reversed gravity, but I don't think reversed gravity would apply to that, since I already opened a discussion here and DW and I came to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible without some MASSIVE effort.

But what about a definitive Corkscrew/Moebius?

Was going to suggest reversed gravity, but I don't think reversed gravity would apply to that, since I already opened a discussion here and DW and I came to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible without some MASSIVE effort.

Which is kind of sad because at one point I had a build with the gravity angle fully functioning (gravity in any direction) that Damizean sent me, but lost it since then.

Okay, Now I'm happy. Maybe I'll contribute something. Want me to just make it in regular delta and put it in here to be added?

If it is made in any version of Sonic Worlds, it should be very compatible. I'd appreciate if any contributions be posted here in this thread.

Hmmm, there's something that's always bugged me that maybe you guys could solve.

The platforms of the Qualifier 2.

You can jump under them and you come over them.

But, when you are running on a slope/wall that's under it and try to go up, it just doesn't let you.

EDIT: Awesome corkscrew, btw. Looking forward to the engine. :3

Hmmm, there's something that's always bugged me that maybe you guys could solve.

The platforms of the Qualifier 2.

You can jump under them and you come over them.

But, when you are running on a slope/wall that's under it and try to go up, it just doesn't let you.

Cripes this post is confusingly written. BUT, I think I figured out your problem, and I know how to fix it.

You are going to need to learn to stop worrying and love the path swapper object :)

If the platform is in group.3 (for Layer 0) or group.4 (for Layer 1) you can use the path swapper objects to not make the platform act like a wall to Sonic while running upwards. Then when Sonic is above the platform, another path swapper resolidifies the platform. All while keeping it behaving like a regular platform.

Hope this helps

It's not that incredibly easy to do, though. It needs a sub-application extension, a frame to be the pause menu, plus this frame has to communicate with the "paused" app (which will actually simply deactivate the rest of the engine, having the risk of breaking something), and you'll have to group all of the active objects that are animated and pause all of the animations.

That's a big issue.

Not that Sonic Worlds needs it, though.

PS. There's one glitch I'm remembering now: When you pause and minimize the engine, you won't be able to unpause again. Is there any way to fix this?

Alrighty, just some a couple days after SAGE is over, get me on AIM and I'll try to port it in a short 20 minutes or so.

* I sure wish MMF supported patches *

I really wish It does too. the closest thing it has to patching is some patcher app, but it requires the same mfa you made the patch out of.

Yeah, that just sucks. In the real world (working with programming in text forms) when it comes to programming you usually have the ability to apply smart patches that look at differences applied and tries to put them in regardless of other modifications made in the meantime. It isn't perfect and conflicts do arise, but it's generally a lot better than having to screw around at manually porting code in all the time.

I sort of wish MMF had an entirely text based way of representing and writing code (like all the events in a level I mean), because then that sort of thing would probably be possible.

I don't actually recall if I made them or just told you every step of how to program them, but you know... the round orbs that you jump into, they bounce you, and then they animate a little before returning to normal? In your case it was shaking as I recall.

I suppose there are the bumper bars and triangular bumpers that still need to be taken care of.