A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I dare you

Ryong

Behold 90x90 (or something) pixels of doom. Maybe shouldn't have made another topic for such a small and relatively pointless thing but god knows how many hours I wasted for 8 frames of black and white animation. I couldn't color it because I'm on a vacation and I can't find an eraser anywhere to get rid of the pencil outlines.

It's very wobbly...Kinda cute. X_x

I know you all want me to sprite your fangames now! ...Cough.

Wobbly2.gif

As you can see it's somewhat simplified version of Sonic. Anyone wanna give him a name? Oh well, I might scrap him and start a proper sonic sprite and include all the useful animation such as jumping and running...But it would be fun if you guys are actually interested in such. Now that you've seen my wobbly style it doesn't seem likely though. :P

In any case, I won't be doing anything really finished for few days as I'm on vacation and thus I don't really have time to sprite. (Maybe some sketches like this one.)

EDIT: Here's the link you can't see the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Fou-Lo/Wobbly2.gif

If the pictures doesn't show up for some people, quote his post and copy and paste the link in your browser.

Anyway, it's a little choppy, but very well done nonetheless.

Edit: Screw what I said earlier, looking at it again it's actually very nice.

Which makes me wonder. Has anyone ever used handrawn sprites in their fangames? I can imagine it might not fit into backgrounds as well as those that are edited from official ones but...It would look interesting I guess? :P

Can you imagine a cartoony Sonic with a wobbly lines running through your fangame? Can you? :o

Well, I think RedXVI use to hand-drawn his sprites for Thirdscape; At the very least, it looks a lot like the way he draws in real life.

Anyways, yours is very nice. For some reason, it reminds me of the opening of Saturday Night Fever, where John Travolta's walking up the street.

If it resembles John Travolta, it's gotta be the sexiest walking animation out there...Well, I gotta redo it so I can maybe add some detail. (No back spike! Too bad I didn't add it sooner. :f) Hopefully the remade one is as good as this. I hate it when I sometimes draw something really good but can't seem to do it again.

Edit: I can't brain today. When I get back on my vacation I should be able to just add the spike and possibly a small tail with ink and then erase some other inked outlines with my comp (like the right side hand)

Which makes me wonder. Has anyone ever used handrawn sprites in their fangames? I can imagine it might not fit into backgrounds as well as those that are edited from official ones but...It would look interesting I guess? :P

Can you imagine a cartoony Sonic with a wobbly lines running through your fangame? Can you? :o

Well, im using handdrawn sprites (aka Scratched from Paint/Graphicsgale sprites) for my orginal game..

but the sprites are human, not sonic.

Trust me, its hell to do. But it allows you pretty much make your game exactly how you want it.

Make an entire spritesheet like this... no color, not overly complex or complete, and sketchy. It's got potential for some kind of niche project.

Sounds kinda fun. Of course I gotta learn a bit static then cause even the most basic movement still gives me trouble. :P

I'll start working on some more animations once I get back from my vacation. (Though I've already drawn possible jumping animation/spindash thingy)