A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Dash - Silver Global Challenge Live

Stritix

sonicdash.jpg

A couple of days ago there was a job listing from SEGA's UK-based Hardlight studio, which is focused on creating games for mobile and portable platforms.

"The Studio comprises small, agile teams working on new IP & well-known SEGA IP. Project durations are 5-10 months, building on the success of their first projects on iOS – Sonic Jump & Sonic Dash – Hardlight is now working on some new & exciting projects."

Kotaku has now received an actual confirmation from SEGA that the new mobile Sonic title is indeed in development.

“At this time, Sega is able to confirm that we are working on a new mobile game titled Sonic Dash. We have not announced any specific details on the product but we will be releasing additional information on this exciting, new game in the near future.”

Source: Kotaku

• Like 1

Well, we now have a press release and official "box" art:

72364-sonic-dash.jpg

The fact that we are finally getting a Sonic game that's all about speed (and a 3D one to boot) has me excited. I don't even care if it's a mediocre Temple Run clone. If people want puzzle platforming they can go play Sonic Jump or Colors.

• Like 2

Well, we now have a press release and official "box" art:

72364-sonic-dash.jpg

The fact that we are finally getting a Sonic game that's all about speed (and a 3D one to boot) has me excited. I don't even care if it's a mediocre Temple Run clone. If people want puzzle platforming they can go play Sonic Jump or Colors.

The same picture that caused a 2 hour fan war at SSMB about his mouth in that render. That render does look a bit derpy to me.

Oh, and Sonic Dash can be in your hands on Thursday cuz' that's when it comes out! :D

Gameplay footage! It will be on the appstore for $1.99 USD.

I hope they make an Android version! I still have Sonic jump :)

In the boat for an Android version as well. I used my girlfriend's Nexus 7 to play Jump for the first time earlier today, fun little game but not sure how much time I really want to sink into it. I feel the same towards Dash. Good sign of things to come for SEGA's focus on the mobile market though, I suppose!

I doubt it will come out for Android and if it does I highly doubt it'd be any time soon.

They found some coding in the game hinting it, plus Shadzter over at the SSMB got a screencap of SEGA's website saying it was coming to Android before they took it off the site. (Oddly enough that's pretty much exactly how we discovered Dash and the Android port of Jump :P ) It's just a matter of when now, haha.

They found some coding in the game hinting it, plus Shadzter over at the SSMB got a screencap of SEGA's website saying it was coming to Android before they took it off the site. (Oddly enough that's pretty much exactly how we discovered Dash and the Android port of Jump :P ) It's just a matter of when now, haha.

Well you got me there! That sounds wonderful! Too bad I don't find my self paying for a Sonic version of Temple Run.  I heard mixed reviews on the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The game has just received a new update.

http://sonicredux.com/2013/05/08/sonic-dash-receives-new-update/

The new version 1.2 features new obstacles, a new shield power up, better obstacle placements, distance trackers, new and improved missions, improvements to the main menu, bug fixes, and iPad graphical improvements. The game is certainly looking better.

I have ran into quite a few bugs since the new update. Camera glitches, spawning issues, and falling through the floor. It's quite odd. I never ran into these issues before the update.

I'm running the game on a 4th generation iPod Touch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...