A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

.gif animator?

Ryong

Ehm, sorry if this isn't the most proper forum to post this but I figured that most people who browse this section will know the answer to my question.

My recent project is to make hand drawn Sonic sprite (Well, technically not Sonic. The sheet has project name called "Image of the Hero") totally from scratch and I already got some sheets done. Now I'd like to get a free and simple .gif animator so I could maybe show my work (And some other random concept art for a Sonic fangame I'd love to make but lack the skill to make it happen) So if you know any good ones please reply.

Heck, even though I suck at fangame programming. If improve myself as a spriter, maybe some people who can do better engines than I do might be interested in my work. ._.

I don't really want to pay for this kind of program since it's just an alternate way to show my simple sprites. (I doubt people wanna download tgf files just to see looping pixels. :F)

I'll try those programs and see if I can do somewhat same what I can with TGF.

Try UnFREEz, its free. All you have to do is drop all the frames in it and it will animate it in a *.gif!

Visit its site here:

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

I really hate unFREEz just because you have to save all the files as individual gifs beforehand. Just unnecessary hassle. :(

Animation Shop by Jasc is a good one. Well, i have used it, and it imports Paint Shop Pro files for the frames which makes for easy editing.

Yeh Animation Shop rocked. I can't find where to download it anymore though :( Jasc merged with Corel, and they don't seem to do Animation Shop anymore :(

But it wasn't free ;o

Yeah. I'm just answering whoever's question it was that asked about it.

If you mean me, then I know :P Just that since Jasc and Corel merged or whatever, getting Animation Shop isn't really easy, since Animation Shop isn't provided with PSPX. And I can't find a PSP7 download :(