A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] Sonic Dash+ Project

Just want to say - I hope you can make some sort of widescreen support for the game camera, like Sonic CD's upcoming remake. Truly that would be a huge graphical enhancement to Sonic D+, distinguishing it from the old Damizean Engine-derirative games that litter this site at the moment (Sonic Genesis included)

Basically, wider screen resolution for gameplay. Support for that- having more space to be able to see more of what's ahead of you, flattening all of the stats across the top (except for the lives, still bottom corner) and... I guess, that's it. It would be graphically impressive, I guess. :P

Hold on, I'm sure I posted earlier.

In any case, what I said then was that you don't need to change the size of every room. I remember once when I was trawling through the help files I found that there were functions to change the camera following size in real time. In fact, what I'm suggesting is easier, because it can just be put in at startup. Although you would need to resize the menu room's boundaries (but just have the camera set to the smaller size) the normal levels can be left as is!

I think this would work. If such a function does not exist please disregard.

Port to screen variables are, in fact, also probably changable during real time. Also, you mentioned camera variables twice.

I just thought that this would be a better engine if it had the option, attracting more usage, making it helpful for those who want to apply an extra layer of customisation upon their game.

Camera variables in the camera object and the camera and positioning variables in other objects that make them work and appear at certain points.

Well if people want it they can add it to the engine themselves I guess. I'm a bit bored of doing all the work then getting little to no feedback in return.

:[

It's just early days, bro. Feedback won't immediately pop out of thin air in force. Sorry if I'm thinking of too many ideas and not contributing enough... I just can't really focus at the moment, since school is returning and I have to learn all about laptops to know which will be best for me.