A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Complete Game] Sonic Origins 2 (Lionsoft)

Darkleo

Hi guys! I want to introduce you my new Sonic game! Hope you enjoy it!

TITLE: SONIC ORIGINS 2

GENRE: 2D PLATFORM

PLAYERS: 1

DESCRIPTION: Go back in time with this great adventure of Sonic, the world's most famous hedgehog!

Jump on a mine cart avoiding pits of molten lava, hold on to your glider to overcome icy depths, make your way through the lights and switches of the city and much more in this new episode of Sonic Origins completely inspired by the first adventures of blue hedgehog on the Master System! Six different environments (more than 20 levels!), fearsome enemies, bosses, special stages and a nice surprise for the most nostalgics! Sonic Origins 2 will fascinate you!

SCREENSHOTS:

so2lake.pngso2peak.pngso2star.pngso2palace.png

VIDEO:

DOWNLOAD:CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (4 MB ZIP FILE)

was really impressed with this. it's nice to see a finished fangame. sonic's movement is a little dodgy but i got used to it.

would benefit from some original 8-bit style music though! there's something awful about midi chiptunes :P

Horizontal movement doesn't work well. Sometimes you have to make Sonic turn and he takes a lot of time to do it. His speed/aceleration is so slow, he can only roll for an instant.

It doesn't make the game unplayable, but when dealing with spike/bottomless pits or just trying to make precise jumping, it makes things ugly. The Labyrinthish level also has a lot of slowdown. =(

But besides that, the game is great. I really like how each level has a different gimmick and such and the level design is generally nice. The bosses are clever and fun, too.

Darkleo it looks awesome. Congratulations!

Also Hyper Emerson made a good point about the horizontal speed and the aceleration. For example, those breakable tiles some times are kinda trick to destroy at first because of the poor acceleration and the short spin.

having so much fun just going through the game a bit and it got me hooked quick.

You're an excellent level designer. Just when I thought I was exploring for lolz, I found keys and all that which made the exploring so much rewarding. Good stuff OP, good stuff. You did an excellent job

Edit: Lol I forgot to mention as I was having too much fun forgetting one little gripe I had. As AeroGP mentioned under here, the rolling isn't that usefull becuase it stops pretty quick and the terrain doesnt really affect sonics momentum alot. Other than that still great game

Does this game have any slopes or loops this time?

Because seriously, I like these games but they're not very good sonic games when there isn't any interesting terrain to move on.

EDIT: (6/28/11) 100% Completed

• I've come to expect acceleration/deceleration to be a bit off in these games, but in this case it hurts playability because it makes rolling really tedious - you can't tell if you'll actually hit your target, or if you'll decelerate to a crawl right before you touch it, so you're forced to go full sprint whenever you want to destroy something by rolling. This would be far less of a concern if deceleration weren't so instantaneous, but I get the feeling that's intentional.
  • Getting lives is such a frivilous commodity in this game - just by consequence of going for the star emblems in each level - that it wouldn't hurt to have restarting cost lives, just this once.
  • If you just barely land on a platform from a spring, you get stuck in spring animation until hit by an enemy. (or touching another spring, although that's just an assumption)
  • Massive slowdown in Lost Palace Zone 1 and 2.

Nothing more to say, another complete and somewhat fun game from Lionsoft!

It is always nice to see a finished game. I have enjoyed what I have played so far. Your level design is really good with all the different routes and stuff to explore and collect. The graphics are also beautiful. Like others have said the movement could be better, but it hasn't taken away from the enjoyment of the game for me. Good work.