A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2012 (See Last Post)

Sony's conference was pretty boring. Ubisoft still won for me, considering that I was most impressed with TWO Ubisoft titles during the Sony conference haha.

Last of Us looks pretty good though.

Fuck Beyond though, don't really give two shits about that movie- I mean game.

The sony show was definitely a good show. They pretty much hand picked exactly what I wanted for the psp vita with that assassin's creed bundle, wifi only vita with the game and a 4 gig memory stick..YES PLZ. The last of us looks very intense, I'm interested.

So far this E3 has been pretty good, nothing mind blowing, but very good stuff.

Just finished watching the Sony show, as I wasn't quite able to watch it live.

What I care about:

-PSASBR

Looks Good:

-The Last of Us

-GoW:A

-ACIII

-FC3

Meh:

-Beyond

-PS Mobile

-PSV

-WonderBook

Great concept, though. It's interesting, but I'm not convinced to get the Move controllers nor the PS Eye.

Fuck it:

...Uh, nothing was actually THAT bad for Sony. I commend them.

Highlight(s):

-Intro. Best. Fucking. Intro. Ever.

-PSASBR gameplay.

Low Point(s):

-Some games on display during the show felt like they dragged on for me or just weren't interesting. Almost wanted to fall asleep on the spot.

Overall Verdict:

Best show of the 3 console makers so far, despite some rather uninteresting displays. But of course, Nintendo's performance tomorrow could either outshine both MS and Sony or end up being lacking. I hope for the former.

The only way Nintendo can fail to surpass sony or MS is if they bore me to death with stupid 3DS shit.

There is nothing they will put on 3DS that i wouldnt much rather see on Wii-U. Thats just the way i feel about that.

While I'm not quite so adverse to the 3DS, I agree with that one.

The only way Nintendo can fail to surpass sony or MS is if they bore me to death with stupid 3DS shit.

There is nothing they will put on 3DS that i wouldnt much rather see on Wii-U. Thats just the way i feel about that.

See I'm the opposite, I want more 3DS info and don't really give a rats ass about the WiiU haha.

I'm not adverse to the 3DS at all. I just am not very huge on handheld game systems.

And TBH if i were to get a handheld system, the Vita interests me much more. It's an infinitely superior piece of hardware; the only thing it's missing is Nintendo's first party titles.

Eh...there really aren't any first party Nintendo titles for the 3DS I care about personally. The only one really I am super excited for to arrive is Paper Mario. The ones it DOES already have I have no real interest in. I only got my 3DS on boxing day because I got really cheap lol. I play more Pokemon Heartgold on it than any 3DS game. Which is why I want more 3DS news to hopefully give me something to get on it haha.

I really want a Vita though since I really really really want Gravity Rush to start off and there are a few other games out/on the way I want as well. The hardware too is also pretty slick.

What I care about:

-NSMBU (WiiU)

-2 Gamepads, 1 WiiU. FUCK YES.

Looks good:

-Aliens Colonial Marines (WiiU)

-Arkham City Armored Edition (WiiU)

-Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate (3DS)

-Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (3DS)

-Lego City: Undercover (WiiU/3DS)

-Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon (3DS)

-Ninja Gaiden 3 (WiiU)

-NintendoLand (WiiU)

-NSMB2 (3DS)

-Scribblenauts Unlimited (WiiU/3DS)

-Pikman 3 (WiiU)

-Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WiiU)

-Trine 2 (WiiU)

Meh:

-Darksiders 2 (WiiU)

-Kingdom Hearts 3D: DDD (3DS)

-Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

-WiiFit U (WiiU)

-ZombiU (WiiU)

Fuck it:

-Just Dance 4 (WiiU)

-Mass Effect 3 (WiiU)

-SiNG (WiiU)

Seriously, it's a glorified karaoke game.

-Just about everything else that Ubi said was coming for Wii U

Highlight(s):

-Reggie referencing his own meme

-Heihachi using the mega mushroom in the brief showing of Tekken TT2 in the Wii U games video.

-Nifty brick-based reference to Mario in Lego City.

Lowpoints(s):

-Zombie Reg.

"I LOVE FRENCH FOOD…" o_O

Overall:

Nintendo had the most interesting show, IMO. But their focus on time and other E3 events really didn't do much to help them. And they lose even more points with the occurrences of faltering and mumbling. Plus, there was a lack of 3rd parties ready to show off their stuff on stage. The 3rd party lineup isn't impressive, since a majority of the titles are already out for other systems. Despite this, they certainly had a better show than MS this year. You came in second place, Nintendo.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the WiiU port of ME3 gets the shitty ending or the better ending? Bah, what does it matter anyways? I'll never play it.

Apparently, the Wii U has a slight problem, as reported by Kotaku: "Nintendo has not figured out how to better keep its Wii Remotes and the new GamePad in perfect directional sync with the TV, requiring frequent player-initiated on-the-fly recalibration."

Edit: Actually, ila, TTT2 isn't out yet. It won't come until September (11 for NA, 14 for EU) for PS3 and 360. But it will be out by the time the Wii U launches, so nevermind.

Honestly I thought that show was the worst out of the big 3. I at least came away from Microsoft pumped for Halo 4 and Gears of War, not to mention that since they went first, the third party games that WERE multiplat I hadn't seen yet at the show so there was still an element of surprise. Yeah it was still a boring and terrible show, but better than Nintendo's. Sony's wasn't really all there for me either since it was incredibly boring but w/e. All I know is that I am only looking forward to the 3DS thing tomorrow concerning Nintendo...and I hope it doesn't suck.

Ubisoft was the only good conference imo.

Yeah nintendo did NOT bring the fire. I'm not impressed so far. They pulling hte same stunt they did when they first announced the wii. Where the fuck are the heavy hitters??? Zelda and smash are a no show, it's just wrong...

Skyward Sword pretty much just came out and Sakurai said he wouldn't work on Smash until Kid Icarus was finished. I don't know why you would expect those titles at all.

I don't see how anyone could say Nintendo had a bad show. They showed off a bunch of games and I'm really excited for Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, and Scribblenauts. People are impossible to please it seems.

Okay fine, in my opinion nintendo's show was the worst. I kinda thought that it was a given that we were stating opinions here.

But you're right. Nothing shown was gold plated or came with complimentary caviar. Therefore gaming must be so bad and can't live up to my giant expectations.

But you're right. Nothing shown was gold plated or came with complimentary caviar. Therefore gaming must be so bad and can't live up to my giant expectations.

Yeah this is basically how I've been treated too all over for not being overly thrilled with the WiiU conference. Frankly I got bored of Mario ages ago, and really the only two Nintendo franchises I care about are Zelda and to a lesser extent (since I just started warming up to it) - Metroid. Although Skyward Sword really has me worried for the next Zelda but oh well.

I was hoping to either see 1) SOME NEW IP from them, something that would get me to like Nintendo again or 2) either Zelda or Metroid. Even then thats not enough to sell me on the WiiU since its also infested with multiplatform announcements for games on systems I already own. I don't really care about the gimmickry of the system...so I'd rather just get them on systems I already have.

I would hope for Star Fox but it seems that Nintendo has long since decided they hate that series so I'm not holding my breath.

Still stoked for hearing whats gonna go down on the 3DS.

On a related note, the trailers they are popping out are getting interesting. Pokemon Conquest comes out this month and I'm looking forward to that. I just need to figure out where I left my 3DS last. There's also Theatrhythm next month, but I don't think Square is going to have any big E3 news, seeing as the Japanese developers usually wait till TGS to show off their stuff.