A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2012 (See Last Post)

Meh. I wont be getting it until price drop. I was hoping they'd move back to RE4's gameplay style but they seem to be going farther towards the ever popular super action scripter. I am happy we finally get to shoot zombies again.

The game they saved last for their conference was fucking Black Ops 2. This wasn't as bad as the last E3 they did, but it's pretty damn close.

I'm stoked for Halo 4, like so hard. Gears of War I'm also excited for. That Splinter Cell game looks like I might actually enjoy it. Never really liked much of the other ones I've played but I'm not a huge stealth gamer. This one seems like its AC with guns kinda, so I can get behind that.

I'm not a Tomb Raider fan, never played any of the games, but this one looks pretty interesting. It's a bit unsettling at times but there also seems to be a big amount of ass kicking in there too.

Forza looked pretty. Not much of a racing game player so I'll probably pass.

RE6 looks fucking amazing.

Pretty bad conference (especially Usher) but I have a few things to be excited for I guess.

Yeah overall Microsoft really didn't bring their A game this year. I have a feeling sony will steal the show again, which isn't a bad thing.

EDIT: I will say, I'm actually kind of excited about halo 4 now that they're going to add new enemies and weapons and locale to the series, I really did think last year it was just going to be another fucking covenant shoot fest like before, but they seem to be taking it into new directions.

Honestly, whoever ends up going "we convinced Capcom to make MML3 again" wins my heart. But that won't be happening...

Otherwise there isn't really a ton from any company I am super stoked for. Although I am most interested in the Vita I guess.

Halo has always been an interesting series for me because they put ALOT of work into making the enemies you battle feel like they have depth to them. Ever since Halo 1, you had the contrast between regular grunts with shields and the Elites. And then comes the Flood, which was a different dimension entirely.

Between the Elites, Brutes and the Flood, these new creatures on this mechanical planet look fucking astounding. The new engine they're running on seems to be as much of an improvement over 3 as 3 had over 2.

Also, new forerunner weapons? Fuck yes. Deliver on this and i wont QQ about Bungie not working on it anymore.

Yeah Halo 4 has me super excited. It just looks so fantastic. The new enemies look really cool! I like the fact that Cortana claims for them to be defense AI rather than something biological, or so I picked up on . I'm sure they got a boatload more enemies too that they're not showing us too. The story seems like it is going to be the best one in the series too.

Also dat Cortana.

Well so far

Halo 4 = gimmie. Too bad my xbox is RROD'd.

Splinter Cell = very interesting, i love the animation work and the game looks very fluid like and gameplay driven.

Tomb Raider = game looks like some sadistic version of Uncharted or something. I wont be surprised if you're limping the whole game because everything she reacts with seems to be made of styrofoam/ doesnt like her and malfunctions. I haven't seen a single gameplay trailer where she isn't being burned, impaled, drowning, shot, crushed or breaking all of her fucking bones. Also, Bow vs. AK ahuehue

tl;dr this looks nothing like fucking tomb raider. Not interested, will buy when its $30 and that's only because the new lara model is adorable. It's sad that every entry reboot ends up like this; an uninspired scriptfest. Not to say the game will be BAD. It just isn't tomb raider anymore. When i want to play Uncharted, i'll put in Uncharted. Jesus im hating this gaming generation.

Fable = Kinect

Bing = lolGoogle

Windows Phone = lolwut

Microsoft = Kinect

Kinect = who gives a shit

BlOps2 = didn't i play this last year, and the year before that, and the year before that? Aren't these idiots tired of EA facerolling CoD

tl;dr this looks nothing like fucking tomb raider. Not interested, will buy when its $30 and that's only because the new lara model is adorable. It's sad that every entry reboot ends up like this; an uninspired scriptfest. Not to say the game will be BAD. It just isn't tomb raider anymore. When i want to play Uncharted, i'll put in Uncharted.

Ah, I can sympathize with you here since I feel the same way about the new Devil May Cry in that it isn't Devil May Cry. I can feel your frustrations haha.

However I think for me the fact that it isn't Tomb Raider interests me since I was never that interested in Tomb Raider before. I think it would have been cooler then looking at it from this perspective if it was a new IP instead of "Tomb Raider".

Here's what I thought of the Media Briefing.

All I care about:

-Halo 4

-Forza Horizon

(It's actually not even Turn 10 developing this, but rather new UK startup Playground Games UNDER T10's supervision)

-Smart Glass

Eager to see how that turns out.

What looks good:

-South Park: The Stick of Truth

-New (and some pretty late) additions to the dash

Might check out NBA later on. I wonder when this dash update's coming out?

-Splinter Cell Identity

Meh:

-Wreckateer

-Fable: The Journey

-Madden & FIFA

-Tomb Raider

-RE6

How many zombie games ARE there? Jeez.

-Gears of War: Judgement

Fuck it:

-CoD:BO2

-Just about everything else that wasn't mentioned in the above sections.

Highlight(s) of the Xbox Media Briefing:

-Joe Montana on stage.

Low point(s):

-Kinect-whoring

-Ending with Call of Duty.

-Dubstep in the Forza trailer.

There's just too much of it.

Overall, it seemed to be better this year than last year. Not as much Kinect whoring, but the game selection could've been a whole lot better.

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2, chuck. There is a middle ground and it is called me :icon_heart:

Oh you. Your response to this is a lot nicer than mine.

I decided against posting mine because it was too mean.

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2, chuck. There is a middle ground and it is called me :icon_heart:

tumblr_m43zrwhEvZ1romq0yo1_1280.jpg

Didn't watch the EA briefing (Really, I could care less for EA), but I do like how the new SimCity's turning out.

Edit:

is on in less than 5 minutes

...Are you human? Or are you another CoD fag?

(No, there is no middle ground.)

Says the guy whose recently played games include Angry Birds, Kinectimals, and The Sims 3.

I hate to say it, but my hopes for Tomb Raider have diminished. Granted none of the games have been particularly good to me, but this giant series of QTEs just looks dull, despite how exciting they are supposed to be.

Watch dogs looked really neat, I'm interested to learn more about it. What I'm most excited about though is Assassin's creed 3, holy shit the engine upgrade is HUGE. The new assassin can kill very quick now. I'm most excited about the change of scenery in this one, no more city killing, now we're going to enjoy some wilderness killing in America. I cannot wait for that game.