A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2012 (See Last Post)

Hilariously, I hear they're going the SAME BLOODY ROUTE with Lara Croft. Among other comments, the new Lara Croft includes the "whiniest Lara ever".

Seriously, did the developers take a look at Other M and say "this is what we totally should be doing with Tomb Raider!" or something?

Agreed Halo needs to rest for like 3 or 4 years and wait for Bungie to get back to it. With maybe a few creative side projects to keep us interested and then when the dust has settled and the 4 main halo games have been analyzed to death. Then perhaps they could wow us all over again.

I always find it funny when people say this considering the fact that generally the main line of Halo games up to Halo 3 were always about 3 years apart. ODST and Halo Wars sort of bucked this trend, but in the case of Halo Wars it was different enough I don't count it in the release times. Then you get Reach which was 3 years after Halo 3. ODST came out a year before it, and is the only one I can say probably was a bit of a cash grab.

I don't mean to start an argument and I'm not such a Halo fanboy that I'm actually mad at it. Its just I think its funny when people say it needs to rest for a few years...when it always has.

Lara is going to be whiny? I thought they were just going to royally beat the shit out of her during the entire game.

well this is what transforms her from a rich bitch into a crazy treasure hunter that doesn't give a shit, or so that's what I'm seeing out of the trailers and such.

It is the adventure that shapes her (she's thrust into it from a plane crash it seems)

• 1 month later...

*bump*

GamesCom 2011 is now around the corner. Depending on what you follow, news has been somewhat slow, or somewhat fast since E3 this year. Maybe it's been right smack in the middle. Anyways, be prepared for more delicious gaming details this August! What surprises/news/details are you looking forward to at GamesCom this year?

• 9 months later...

Why do companies keep relegating the primary console controls to an off set placement? First Microsoft and Nintendo did this to the Dpad, and now Nintendo has done it to the fucking buttons. It's not comfortable at all. In fact it's down right annoying., especially if you want any sort of precision when you use the Dpad.

The only bit of the pre e3 thing on the WiiU that actually impressed me...

Was Todd. And his action figure. That little bit at least made me laugh a little. The console itself looks like something I'll be passing on.

The sticks above the main action buttons already looked stupid in the ipad/controller thing.

But this controller is just hilarious. Inverting the left stick (what xbox1 did) wasn't that bad - but the face buttons? Seriously?

Pretty much every controller since the NES/MS had the main face buttons in the upper-right/center-right section. Even the Jaguar controller. This "Pro" pad seems really uncomfortable, all the buttons are crunched up together.

I'm really hoping the actual games showcase of hte wii U will do something to blow my fucking socks off, at the moment, I'm still not buying into the hype. My wii is probably my least played console of any console I've had the pleasure of owning, good games are few and far between on that system. And once again nintendo intends on releasing this new system right when msoft and sony are probably about to drop the next gen announcement deuce on people either this show or the next e3 coming up, which will once again put nintendo graphically behind.

I'm more than willing to admit that the Vita has been off to a really slow start, so I'm hoping there's more in that area to show off. (Granted I already have 3 major Vita releases that I'm looking forward to) I really don't have much faith for the Wii U, I have a feeling it will be a repeat of the Wii again in terms of 3rd party support. Don't care about Microsoft, as I just really never liked their systems much.

Im buying into Wii-U hype for 3 reasons:

1) Stronger than current gen hardware

2) 1st party titles

3) It's a Wii with a basic controller and more features.

Basically it takes everything i hate about the Wii and upgrades it to my current console standards.

But most of all? All that "game locking" and "single account" antisocial bullshit that we get from rumors of the PS4 and 720 dont seem to exist thus far. If nintendo is the only console that doesn't buy into that, then Nintendo would have actually managed to make me buy them first this next generation.

But most of all i just want the next Smash Brothers to be to Brawl what Melee was to SSB64. I want a total graphical overhaul and a massive boost in gameplay mechanics : 3

I also want to zoom in on trophies and admire detail again for hours on end like i did on Melee.

Tomb Raider reboot makes me want to fucking vomit. Lara is absolutely adorable and i want to marry her (after they finish stabbing her with every vertex on the screen and making her cry i mean). The gameplay basically being a fucking scriptfest hurts my soul, though.

Well SSB won't be a graphical masterpiece, since it has to match the 3DS version, they said the 2 will be able to connect to each other. It will look much better than brawl at least lol.

Microsoft starts in 5 minutes, if it's another fucking kinectfest, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Starts off with halo 4, im stoked.

One multiplatform and fable disappointment later,

KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECTKINECT KINECT KINECT KINECTKINECT KINECTKINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECTKINECT KINECTKINECT KINECTKINECT KINECT

MORE SPORTS

shut the fuck up already oh my god

Edit:

big reveal

Internet Explorer on Xbox!

(aaaaaaaaaaahahhahahhahaha)

Yeah this was another feature circle jerk for microsoft. They showed like...8 games, and then went on to stroke the kinect again, at least it wasn't a waggle fest like last time.

I am actually a bit interested in this smart glass connectivity, I'll have to see how responsive it actually is in action though.

EDIT: they should just call the new tomb raider, tomb raider: Laura's worst fucking day.

Lara Croft : Murphy's Law

Tomb Raider : Attack of the torture scripting

Uncharted : Lara walked under a ladder

Edit:

Usher showed up for M$'s e3 conference.

Yeah, im done with these guys. Im glad usher can dance, but this fucking press conference makes me feel like ive spent the last few minutes watching VH1. Halo 4 was the coolest part. Between watching Tomb Raider commit suicide and random people stroke kinect for years at a time, im kind of tired.

Golden age of entertainment. Dark ages of gaming.

I pray to god Sony does a better job.