A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Cape Cod - 3d game

Sonic Cape Cod is fan game in 3d. It will be on an island in the middle of nowhere where Sonic is taking a vacation that turns into a battle with Eggman. The game will have 100 levels. It has 25 done.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzxWybGMJw

m960ih.png

ekm8ic.png

20ponr5.png

1.0 Link

http://www.4shared.com/file/0gESrg_A/Cape_Cod_Graduatation.html

You can use high end or low end based on your computer. XSRB2 is low ended and SRB2CB is highended if you have md2s.

New version coming soon. I need suggestions for levels, characters.

Credits (not yet listed in game)

SRB2 Engine - Sonic Team Jr.

SRB2 Asset Pack - SRB2 Spherallic

S3K Graphics and MISC. - Blahblahbal

This Game - A Cat's Team *Working Name

Please give some tips on what you want to see.

You seem to be new here.

My first hint for you is that you don't choose dates for fangame releases. Simply because you probably won't be ready at the time.

Seriously, Sonic Phoenix was meant to be released in the beginning of 2010. It doesn't even have ONE level ready for final release.

I did not see the white line and I will release a demo when I feel it is content. Also included in this release will be 3 more characters Tails, Knuckles and Rosy. Diffrent characters will have better control. Sonic always move fast and when he dashes you need to have good aim at where you want to land. So playing a character who is slower like the 3 mentioned earlier, may be a good idea.

Also I have many ideas for new locations Sonic never visited like a sewer and revisit a few places Sonic's been to like Angel Island.

I will release a demo when I feel it is content

And then the game smiled at a cat the destroyer and said, "Master, I feel that I am ready. You may demonstrate me now." To which a cat the destroyer replied "No my child! It's too dangerous! What if you aren't ready for them yet! What if they aren't ready for you!?"

The game is just too apeshit crazy. Watching that last video made me so dizzy I felt like vomiting. There's a reason that 3D Sonic games don't have a camera that always stays behind the user: They move too fast. It's nauseating, and half the time I can't tell what's happening.

(And yeah, smoke puffs. Looks like Knuckles has the sharts)

Why is there smoke puffs when you move? It looks terrible.

That was just a test for seeing if I liked smoke following the player but it is ugly.

The game is just too apeshit crazy. Watching that last video made me so dizzy I felt like vomiting. There's a reason that 3D Sonic games don't have a camera that always stays behind the user: They move too fast. It's nauseating, and half the time I can't tell what's happening.

(And yeah, smoke puffs. Looks like Knuckles has the sharts)

Actually there is an option where you can keep the camera normal. That is a super speed sneakers moment. Also forgot to mention, there will be 2d levels too! I am finishing 2 levels and I think I will release my mod.

• 4 weeks later...
SRB2 Engine - Sonic Team Jr.

id Software LLC need to be credited first, as it's the Doom engine modified (I believe they're using the modifications the Doom Legacy Team made, so they'd need crediting too).

I'm also going to point out that if you modified the source code for SRB2 you are obliged to release your changes under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

• 1 month later...

*Sigh*

YOU again. As if at least 3 forums wern't enough for you to promote your awful mod, was it? There's a very good reason you were banned from the official SRB2 forums you know. It seems you barely mention how this is a mod of SRB2 at all, let alone how its a laughingstock amongst the community. I also see you credit Blahblahbal for the S3&K stuff, despite the fact that I ripped them in the first place and made modifications to them (pallete changes, less ugly explosion sprites, the soc you didn't use that's supposed to make 1up monitors work), as well as not mentioning how you have also stolen levels in the past, keep the horrible levels without improvements, and also that you are a pretty terrible mapper in general, and that this is basically just a level pack for SRB2 with unneeded new characters that add little to gameplay on top of being something you didn't make and two new enemies (one being a clone of the basic enemy, Crawla), which you also didn't make. Oh, and a constant farting SOC. And the fact that your mod is named after a brand of chips. Oh, and did I mention this is a mod of a preexisting fangame and technically not a fangame you yourself made? Because this is a mod of a preexisting fangame and technically not a fangame you yourself made. Its not just "I used the engine", its "I am making a mod for a game on this engine". You didn't seem to point out this stuff at all.

Good thing I actually remembered I had an account.

*Sigh*

YOU again. As if at least 3 forums wern't enough for you to promote your awful mod, was it? There's a very good reason you were banned from the official SRB2 forums you know. It seems you barely mention how this is a mod of SRB2 at all, let alone how its a laughingstock amongst the community. I also see you credit Blahblahbal for the S3&K stuff, despite the fact that I ripped them in the first place and made modifications to them (pallete changes, less ugly explosion sprites, the soc you didn't use that's supposed to make 1up monitors work), as well as not mentioning how you have also stolen levels in the past, keep the horrible levels without improvements, and also that you are a pretty terrible mapper in general, and that this is basically just a level pack for SRB2 with unneeded new characters that add little to gameplay on top of being something you didn't make and two new enemies (one being a clone of the basic enemy, Crawla), which you also didn't make. Oh, and a constant farting SOC. And the fact that your mod is named after a brand of chips. Oh, and did I mention this is a mod of a preexisting fangame and technically not a fangame you yourself made? Because this is a mod of a preexisting fangame and technically not a fangame you yourself made. Its not just "I used the engine", its "I am making a mod for a game on this engine". You didn't seem to point out this stuff at all.

I'm pretty sure the brand of chips is based on Cape Cod, the geographical location. I'd point out that harassing someone over credit is kind of silly when you could just point out nicely that you had worked on something in their game to get it resolved... and with ripped sprites being a rather fringe case of something that even needs to be credited, this approach just comes off to me as obnoxious.

I agree though, making some levels for SRB2 that adds nothing but a handful of layouts doesn't really make for a game. It's just a mod. He said pretty overtly that SRB2 was used for this though and there isn't anyone in this community who couldn't tell what it was from just looking at it, so I don't see any of this as a huge deal.

*Sigh*

words...

We all "mod" engines whether is Sonic 1 for a hack, Sonic Worlds, or SRB2 I fail to see much difference between the three.

It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when someone's only purpose on a forum is to hassle another member. If you were a regular I could see it. But in this case, its extremely rude to the forum. No one cares about the personal problems of someone we don't even know. Please leave us alone or do something productive.

I'm pretty sure the brand of chips is based on Cape Cod, the geographical location.

t2arI.png

From one of his videos. I think its safe to say its not just the place...

I'd point out that harassing someone over credit is kind of silly when you could just point out nicely that you had worked on something in their game to get it resolved... and with ripped sprites being a rather fringe case of something that even needs to be credited, this approach just comes off to me as obnoxious.

The problem is, even though I stole them from S3&K, its still the principle of taking things without permission. If he just asked me about it, I wouldn't care, but just taking it on the grounds that its a sprite rip just riffs me, as I actually made modifications to said boxes too. Not only that, but this guy is known for stealing not just graphics, but even whole levels.

I agree though, making some levels for SRB2 that adds nothing but a handful of layouts doesn't really make for a game. It's just a mod. He said pretty overtly that SRB2 was used for this though and there isn't anyone in this community who couldn't tell what it was from just looking at it, so I don't see any of this as a huge deal.

Thing is, he's toting it as a 3D game, only barely mentioning SRB2 and acting like he made this game himself and that SRB2 is just an engine to him. He didn't even DO the non-level stuff, and I wouldn't be suprised if he stole entire levels. Again.

We all "mod" engines whether is Sonic 1 for a hack, Sonic Worlds, or SRB2 I fail to see much difference between the three.

The thing is, he's toting it as a 3D standalone game, barely mentioning how barely any of what's in this mod is actually his. His last "released comprised of 3 EXEs (none of which me made), several stolen MP3s, tons of wads he didn't make having levels and characters, and several copies of srb2.srb, the IWAD. Most of what you download from his "3D Game" isn't even HIS. I bet only a single wad in his batch is actually his.

It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when someone's only purpose on a forum is to hassle another member. If you were a regular I could see it. But in this case, its extremely rude to the forum. No one cares about the personal problems of someone we don't even know. Please leave us alone or do something productive.

He's pretty much stealing SRB2 here. That's not as personal as it seems. The game has been in development for longer than Duke Nukem Forever, and here he is toting it as "his", only barely mentioning how he didn't make diddly squat; only his own, terribly constructed levels are his and takes almost all the credit. He has a reputation for inanely poor quality levels and stolen content, and now he's promoting his mod as a standalone game and acting like he did so much work? This can't go without being known.

• Like 1

I take ripped graphics without crediting people all the time. I literally use 100s of ripped things in my game. You think I can keep all that straight? No. Besides did you ask Sega if you could rip stuff from their game? For some reason some people find the double standard alright, I don't. If I use a lot of ripped stuff from one person I try to credit them if I remember. Otherwise forget it.

I count "SRB2" 4 times in his first post. Plus, you'd have to be stupid not to know. This is a not an issue.

Though you very well could be correct about stealing, All I see from you is speculation. Give me some proof of actual specific stolen work outside of Sega content or SRB2 which is already credited. I'll make sure he credits them in his initial post. That or if it's that bad I'll close the topic. Short of proof I do not see anything further to discuss.