A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Megaman Legends 3

Rawr

And i really wish MvC3 was a good fighter too.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-faq-and-overview/

Stryder Hiru is on UMvC3 X_X (And i think Storm just ripped of Rachel)

Maybe, just MAYBE, since they're doing expansions for the game already, we'll see some rebalances! One can hope, right?

He isn't. Inafune quit Capcom a while ago. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this cancellation was for Capcom to get back at Inafune for leaving AND calling the entire industry out on what it's doing wrong.

If anything, one of the things the industry is doing wrong is making games when they know they'll suck. If the brains behind the last 2 entries leaves, i see no point in pissing off the fans with another sequel that sucks.

They're making their own version of SF vs. Tekken, it'll be based on their tekken games.

Well yeah i know about TxSF, but i mean like if they just did a straight Street Fighter title. I think SSF4 should have had more new gameplay features than it did. (For instance, i was kind of not happy when i saw Parry was removed from the engine. I thought it was neat...)

Well yeah i know about TxSF, but i mean like if they just did a straight Street Fighter title. I think SSF4 should have had more new gameplay features than it did. (For instance, i was kind of not happy when i saw Parry was removed from the engine. I thought it was neat...)

well when you get down to it, parries have been kinda tweaked into the focus attack system. If you get hit while focusing, you lose a bit of your health bar but all that was lost from the hit starts to regen immediately, if you don't get hit you'll win it back.

The way I see it, 3 brought the street fighter series to a technical refinement that only the most dedicated players wanted to get to know. SF4 sort of tried to bring things back to a more playable game for all to enjoy and learn.

If anything, one of the things the industry is doing wrong is making games when they know they'll suck. If the brains behind the last 2 entries leaves, i see no point in pissing off the fans with another sequel that sucks.

Only thing is, from the gameplay footage from the prototype it looked quite fun and improved in terms of some gameplay elements over the original. Not only that but the prototype (which isn't really indicative of the final game's quality anyway) was supposed to be released in order to gauge the interest of all the fans. I mean they even put out a trailer for it to go up on the 3DS shop. I think it was supposed to be like...2 dollars?

Either way it is infuriating to see them allow fans to get so involved and dangle it in front of our faces like they did, and get fans hopes up by having stuff in the game, and then all of a sudden just take it all away. There was also concerns apparently from Capcom saying that the transparency of the entire thing was a big big concern for them. Then why did they even DO it in the first place?

That's why I'm mad. I've waited a long time for this game (so many people have) and we finally get it. We also get to be a PART of it...and then it gets taken away just like that lol

I'll probably get my ass kicked for this but seeing as I didn't enjoy MvC3 much either (It felt like it should've been a 15 dollar XBLA game, but I thought it was...okay.), I rented MK9 a while ago.

I liked it alot better.

Man shit, i just saw an IGN article on the cancellation.

I had NO CLUE they had gotten far enough to actually have what looks like finished in-game scenes in the game. Last i saw of MML3, it looked like what was strictly a Tech Demo.

...now im kind of angry. I thought it was an IDEA that got scrapped.

Man shit, i just saw an IGN article on the cancellation.

I had NO CLUE they had gotten far enough to actually have what looks like finished in-game scenes in the game. Last i saw of MML3, it looked like what was strictly a Tech Demo.

...now im kind of angry. I thought it was an IDEA that got scrapped.

Definitely wasn't just an idea :o. They had announced a full on 'demo' of sorts. It was supposed to be released on the 3DS e-shop when it launched but...we all know how that went. This prototype was supposed to act as a bridge between legends 2 and 3 as far as I know.

Yeah it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they had just sort of announced the title in passing and didn't get the fans so involved, or announce a prototype/demo of sorts for people to play, and just kind of quietly cancelled it. As it stands right now it is a pretty big dick move.

In a perfect world he'd have the rights to Megaman and then could be free to make Megaman Legends 3, a game he wanted to make for a very very long time. Not only that but I'd feel that the franchise as a whole would be best in his hands since he evidently really cares about it.

Cyberconnect2, huh?

It would, hands down, be the prettiest megaman game to date. If Ultimate Ninja Storm is any indication, those guys spare no attention to detail. And if they themselves are expressing such interest, i'd be very excited for their entry personally.

Probably more than if capcom themselves were doing it, to be completely honest.

Based on what I saw on the devroom and the passion those devs had for the game, I'd prefer it if THEY were allowed to continue working on it. It had the feel and everything downpat, the spirit of the series was quite intact.

Not that I'd object to CC2 working on it. I am very much looking forward to Asura's Wrath and I'm sure they'll make sure that MML3 would be awesome.