A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Megaman Legends 3

Rawr

Apparently you will be able to download it on the 3DS to play through the prototype. The new character I think looks fucking awesome, to me he is pretty much like the Zero/Protoman for Megaman Legends I guess. Probably closer to Protoman than anything I think.

I am loving the way this game is slowly progressing.

Full blog post

New screens and artwork inside! I really like that image at the top, its a nice illustration :)

Who else is as excited for this as I am?

• 2 months later...

Disappointing. I wasn't really all that hype for the game in the first place, but I do hate seeing stuff like this happen. It always just leaves a great big "what if" in the back of your head.

Kind of like the Sonic 2 Beta ordeal, back during the mysterious days of 56k internet and limited emulation tools.

(and while typing that, for some reason i almost MISS those days...back when Sonic Hoaxes were fun to look at, before we could just MMF2/GM our ideas.)

Got to say, I saw it coming. I don't see how they can just cancel something that so much effort was already put into , and something that they got the fans so involved in. Capcom's been one huge fuckup lately. That's two Megaman games in a row that they've worked on for months just to cancel.

Well, when did Capcom become such dicks? First Mega Man Universe and now this? (Wow that kinda rhymes)

And now here they are trying to sell UMvC3 which is basically a 10 character pack for 40 dollars, screwing over people who already bought the game.

....Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Keep the 2 cents guys.

Quit complaining, DNL. I'm pretty sure Inafune is behind all of this Mega Man cancellation junk. On the UMvC3 note, would you rather pay $50 for 10 new characters (which is $5 each for every character), or $40 for them to be on a disc? Shuma-Gorath and Jill were both $5.

lol it's like DNL is new to the fighting game process.

Blah, I pretty much am. xD

But in real truth though, there knocks off one point I would like to buy the 3DS for. It was looking good too ;_;

Bleh, I'll hold out for Cave Story 3D and possibly OoT though.

Exactly. MvC3 is fucking terrible. Fun, but another wasted chance for Capcom to really have a truely unique fighting game experience done right. Spammy, twitchy, completely unbalanced.

I dont know why i expected anything otherwise, honestly. They still had ONE (terrible) dude balancing the entire fucking roster.

Agreed. I sold MVC3 about two weeks after buying it, and that's something I never do. It was that bad. The online mode was unplayable. Everyone picked the same few characters and spammed the same attack throughout the entire match. Why not? It got them a guaranteed win, and that's all that matters in gaming these days.

True story -- if you're fast enough, if you wait for someone to do pretty much any action EXCEPT walk backwards, if you use Spencer's Bionic Arm, you'll get a hit off. It's how i stopped my friend from projectile spamming. Any action he'd do, ANYTHING, i'd just wait for it and bionic arm him. If you're neutral and he does a special (including Ryu's fullscreen gaybeam), if you use Bionic Arm, you will still safely counterhit them. You can buffer it during his super flash (basically keep spamming the command), and since it's almost full invincible theres almost nothing in the game that stops it.

Shortly after discovering this, me and another friend just quit playing the game.

After getting into Blazblue (and other Arc System Works titles like GG), and then later Tekken 6 (Namco), i really start to look at Capcom and question them a bit. They make really solid games, but tend to do pretty terrible efforts of balancing them correctly.

After getting into Tekken 6 (which i used to not respect in the slightest) i almost cant stomach SSF4 anymore (and its new broken roster), and while i used to heavily look forward to SFxT, im now MUCH more interested in TxSF.

I love Super Street Fighter 4 and I am actually, after playing it and seeing more SFxT, interested in it. The Namco one not so much but Capcom generally puts out decent fighters.

My fave fighter though is BlazBlue all the way.

Anyway - it just seems like Capcom is treating the Megaman franchise so shitty lately. I'm not too impressed on that front because I am a huge Megaman fan :(

Agreed. I sold MVC3 about two weeks after buying it, and that's something I never do. It was that bad. The online mode was unplayable. Everyone picked the same few characters and spammed the same attack throughout the entire match. Why not? It got them a guaranteed win, and that's all that matters in gaming these days.

Would you mean Wesker, Deadpool, and Doctor Doom; by chance?

achievement-unlocked-haters-gonna-hate.gif

Found the GIF while I was on GTPlanet posting in their 'Funny GIF thread' there.

I love Super Street Fighter 4 and I am actually, after playing it and seeing more SFxT, interested in it. The Namco one not so much but Capcom generally puts out decent fighters.

Thats the whole thing, lol. My mindset used to be "namco fighters suck" and "why the hell are the movesets so long this makes no sense."And then i get into one (tekken 6), and realize that they aren't that much different. Street Fighter is a great game, but while i used to look at Tekken from the sidelines and say "boy that game just hasn't changed since the last time i saw it on PSX", I play it and realize that 1) yeah, it really has, and 2) there really isn't much Capcom does good that Namco doesn't.

They BOTH make extremely solid fighters, but goddamn, Namco is eons ahead of Capcom when it comes to balancing. I mean, Tekken 6 is INFINITELY more balanced than Street Fighter IMO. And notice, SSF4 AE has 37 characters, Tekken 6 has 40. No real excuses.

My want for TxSF came in when i realized that Tekken characters can only be downgraded when put into Super Street Fighter 4's game engine...however Tekken 6 can actually expand upon the street fighter characters in MANY ways, since 1) the animations are better, 2) the movesets are much larger, and 3) it's a 3D fighter.

ANYWAY im done ranting about capcom and it's balance neglect. It's too bad they hyped a game and then stepped on it in front of everyones faces.

Edit: BASICALLY, the

, i instantly fell in absolute love with the title again. 40 characters, elaborate movesets AND blazblue-esque combo mechanics? EEEEK.

It's like blazblue, but where you'd insert a Rapid Cancel, instead you just substitute a different move (since they have like a million of them.) And frackk are T6's animations pretty to watch. If Namco was given a Street Fighter title to develop, im convinced it would be the sexiest damn fighter on the planet.

Would you mean Wesker, Deadpool, and Doctor Doom; by chance?

[qimg]http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/achievement-unlocked-haters-gonna-hate.gif[/qimg]

Found the GIF while I was on GTPlanet posting in their 'Funny GIF thread' there.

That is THE funniest thing ive seen all week.

I've never really been fond of most of Namco's fighters though outside of Soul Calibur (I love SC :D). The last Tekken I played (can't remember which one, it was a while ago) I didnt really like. I am not a big fan of the 3D fighters in general.

Quit complaining, DNL. I'm pretty sure Inafune is behind all of this Mega Man cancellation junk.

He isn't. Inafune quit Capcom a while ago. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this cancellation was for Capcom to get back at Inafune for leaving AND calling the entire industry out on what it's doing wrong.