A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Portal 2 General

actually the timer is now at 1 day and a little over 6 hours, so we should be playing tomorrow night, maybe earlier if the concentrated effort keeps going as well as it has.

Also the overall progress bar has been moving pretty fast now that so many potatoes have been gathered

The audio surf song is hard as shit to get, I gave up on it, didn't even try the killing floor song. I got the other ones though. Some of the potatoes were a pain to get, but at the same time, I really enjoyed playing these games, gave me a reason to sit down and put them through the paces.

I've had bit.trip.beat running in teh background for like 4 hours :o, and I snagged all the potatoes in that one, this is fun lol

Some rumours:

People who were really involved in the ARG are currently at Valve, playing Portal 2 (there are nine of them at the moment).

It seems that people who got the Golden Potato will be receiving the Valve complete pack, which includes an additional copy of Portal 2.

I just beat it...WOW is all I can say. This game takes portal 1, and expands upon it completely turning, adding even MORE flavor to the game, so much backstory is presented to you, so many twists, the puzzles are pretty engaging. I had a few moments where I was legitimately stumped.

All in all, it's already in the running for GOTY in my eyes. We'll see what else comes out this year.

Going to try out some co-op later, I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Just finished. Whoa.

It's much bigger than the first. It took me a solid 8 hours and that's without ever being stumped on a single puzzle for more than 10 minutes. It's not all better than the first though. There aren't exactly any areas that really test your ability to think quickly and the story and the humor tend to drag a little at times. Overall though, this game is mighty.