A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

He's alright. His Adventure intro look was the best, but I can dig this. He's just a tad too dark, it doesn't go well with the green.

I think there's rumors of a Rooftop Run demo hitting consoles soon? Keep your eyes peeled for that one.

I had a brain orgasm when seeing Crisis City and its music.

Not too keen on Planet Wisp, though... the Wisps could've had more glow just like in Colors.

And Spagonia... it's just Spagonia for me. Not saying that it's bad, just saying that I'd play it as a level pack for Sonic Unleashed.

yeah, i really dont get why they even bothered with Unleashed or Colors stages. Seems extremely redundant, if they want to play the (probably) superior version they could just pop in the respective game.

At least, im sure there's no way the Generations version of Spagonia is gonna be better than the Unleashed version, either graphically or length wise.

Somehow, despite the shitty gameplay and fucked up story events (Final Episode, I am looking at you), I legitimately miss playing '06 now because of that trailer. Unleashed I don't miss as much, yet it played better (save for Sonic the Warthog... er, Werehog). Regardless, they really appear to have handled the stages and music well for the modern era. If only I had money to pre-order this! I'll be buying post-release then. :/

Sonic Generations will see some playtime from me... Just provided I'm not whoring my copy of Forza 4 when it comes.

At least, im sure there's no way the Generations version of Spagonia is gonna be better than the Unleashed version, either graphically or length wise.

Frankly, I don't think they've changed the hedgehog engine much in the regards of visuals since Unleashed. But it should play somewhat better due to refinements in the controls. I mean, pressing A (cross on PS) and then X (square) for homing attack was a tad disorientating.

Edit: I hope they did away with the quicktime events. I don't want cinematic action in my boss battles, please.

The Blur effects on the Background do look very nice indeed. This looks a lot more like an abandoned city with the Street Lamps and all.. The original felt kinda forced and fantasy like, This looks a lot more realistic and urban.

I for one actually really like Silver as a character, Just because Sonic'06 was bad it doesn't mean Silvers a bad character altogether.

My only issue is in Sonic'06 Silver ran rather slow but in Rivals he ran the same as Sonic and Shadow.

Makes me think why he ran slow in 06 and what speed he will run at like this? Maybe he can shoot forward in the air? Like he does in the cutscenes of Sonic'06, Where he kind of whizzes off.

I was thinking he may warp but I'm geussing Shadow does that in his battle (Chaos Control) So re-doing it may look cheap.

Spanish site vandal.net posted his impressions about the final versions of Generations (PS3). A brief summary:

-Graphics improved and there are no fps issues anymore (30 fps).

-Classic Sonic controls also improved.

-Music is awesome.

-10 secondary missions per stage.

-Red rings are also present, increasing replayability.

-A lot of other things they liked but cant talk about.

-Best Sonic game in last years.

If anyone wants to read: http://www.vandal.net/avances/ps3/sonic-generations/14249/4

PD Boss trailer rocks, yeah

Maybe it is based off the original bad giy from Sonic 1 then?

Sonic_Gems_300.jpg

Thats the concept art for Sonic 1, Back when Sonic's aim was to save Madonna. And Robotnick appears to be some sort of bee xD.

But if it based on that then it's pretty cool that they went really back to there roots and dragged out unused content. Thats about as "Classic" As it gets.

Perfect chaos looks awsome! and Classic Sonic wrecked Metal sonic ^^