A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

Really, I know the problems only lie in certain parts of Sega, but it is increasingly frustrating. I'm looking into game.co.uk to import this when it comes out, although I might just need to proxy with someone in the country. That said, for now, ILAWAY!

Looking at the comment sections on some sites reporting on this stuff, I think I can summarize this situation best.

SEGA: Europe's getting the CE. Now go on with ya, git outta here.

Europe: YES!

US/RoW: ...wtf? WTF?

AU: whaddabout us?

SEGA: Oh, and Australia's gettin' it, too.

AU: Yehy! :3

US/RoW: ...seriously? :<

Europe: HAHAHA

US/RoW: All we get's a bloody pre-order bonus DLC and plastic statues? FFUUUUUUUU

Europe: Lol

185px-EGGeROLL.JPG

Random US/RoW Individual: I'm importing this shit. Uh... where do I find it?

Fanboy that hates on things and ends up buying them: Lol, piss off sega.

All I want is the game, and I'll get it, eventually. There's still plenty of time between now and the release for Sega to announce some exclusive LCE for the rest of the world. On that note, I'm waiting for more screens/reveals.

SEGA officially confirmed Shadow as a Rival/Boss in the game today..

they released this artwork

Shadow-the-Hedgehog-Sonic-Generations-artwork.jpg

I don't know about you but Im loving the detail on the shoes.. All the scratcehs and damage ^^

Wierdly he looks nothing like his Modern Sonic counterpart.. Hes still kinda lurking in the Heores/06 Style but with nicer textures..

Anyway it looks epic..

SEGA Havent released any Screenshots or info on where you'll meet the Dark hedgehog but there going to be at the Tokyo Game Show soon so maybe we'll get more info then..

Source: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/shadow-the-hedgehog-officially-revealed-as-a-rival-in-sonic-generations/

Idk, I think it does fit the Modern Sonic style. To tell you the truth, maybe Shadow's model was built off of Sonic's. It just doesn't look like it had many changes.

And oh

South America never gets the cool stuff :tbored:.

I just had to quote this "universal truth".

And you guys keep complaining.

PS. One second. You guys know the meaning of a Shadow boss for Modern Sonic? Probably inspired in SA2's? And with the Modern engine?

Sonic running at full speed, Shadow running also.

Shadow will probably have a Boost ability too.

So you think it will be like the SA2 showdown with Sonic and Shadow.. I guess that would fit most.. I doubt they'll make a whole new battle idea.

Also ESRB released some info on the game and said this "The game includes a handful of boss-fight sequences (e.g., defeating a giant serpent creature by crashing into its weak points)"

We'll if you've seen the leaks your going to know who this is..

Perfect Chaos

I doubt you will be Super Sonic when you take him on though.. Just use the boost to dash across the water.

Probably have it set in Crisis City?

They'll use the Psychokinesis in some way but I doubt it will be like in 06..

This is going to be a lot more Fast Paced I'm guessing, Like the bosses in Colors and Unleashed..

And i really want to see Mecha Sonic aswell.. In Sky Sanctuary possibly?

Don't forget the Egg Mecha boss in Death Egg though.. You may fight Silver Sonic before him. That would be pretty neat :3

They better, better, BETTER get his god damn running animation back to SA2 pimp status.

This. So much.

Honestly, Shadow's design fits the direction in which they're taking it, but I hafta agree with Serephim. Shadow, circa 2001, looked better than post-2001 Shadow. In the regards of his battle, I hope it's like his last battle against Sonic in SA2. That, or create a boss fight inspired by the original cutscene in the hero story that he appeared. The latter would be awesome, but as far as how the match is set up, we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the other boss, weed hea-I mean Silver- goes...

nppclv.png

herp derp

...I guess it'd make good sense to have it in Crisis City.

XeroNazoBlaze, I swear that had to have been one of the funniest pics I laid my eyes upon in the Colors thread last year, haha.

I could stare at Planet Wisp all damn day.

Yeah its beautiful. They really nailed the graphics on it, I'm glad because that was one of the ones I was looking forward most to seeing. I really hope now that the musical remixes keep the same atmosphere to the music without cock-rocking it up.

Yeah its beautiful. They really nailed the graphics on it, I'm glad because that was one of the ones I was looking forward most to seeing. I really hope now that the musical remixes keep the same atmosphere to the music without cock-rocking it up.

Word.

Planet Wisp's music had this whole dream-freedom-nostalgia-gayness feeling. I just love it.