A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So...Second Life anyone?

I just spent a few hours with it. The customization is pretty deep, making your own objects and toys is cool (I really like the premade bubble gun, which really works) and the people are all nice (I made a few friends when I was hanging by the pool, jumping and flying around. Did I mention you can fly?)

So yea, my dude's name is Kai Kubo (a pseudo refrense to Bleach. In the manga, Ichigo says Kai is too cool a name for Kon, and Kubo is the creator's name. Plus you're not allowed to type an original last name ;_;)

Guest Shadix

ehhh... Second Life gets old pretty quickly after the customization wears off, and the fact that there isn't really any way to get work to get income but rather get income by spending real money. (or deal with a very small incrimental increase over weeks) You can't even get land without paying a monthly subscription.

Second Life wasen't exactly programmed with the intention of being a game.

You guys, you can sell your creations for money too, you know...

Say I make a really awesome gun (you can equip and shoot it too) and then I seel it and make some cash, which I can use to buy something off if someone (maybe they made a really cool car I want)

Bono says he plays it, and if it's good enough for Bono, it's good enough for you.

Guest Shadix

There still exists. I remember playing it after I got sick of Secondlife because it looked more refined then the half effort crap you see everywhere in SL.

My only gripe with There was it's relatively ugly graphics.

Oh, that guy. Eh. I hate the Pay to Play concept anyways.

The servers are down temporarily due to a new update. Right now I'm reading Second Life Insider, which has a few interesting articles. I just left Help Island, and I'm trying to find a group to join and find a social niche and stuff.

There's lots to do and see, and I've been wrping around to different spots on the welcome brochure. It's neat being able to explore an upside down house (and look in first person for some cool effects) then go to a Temple in the mountains (complete with a gift shop. Too bad I don't have any money) and then go downtown for free ice cream.

Guest Shadix
Oh, that guy. Eh. I hate the Pay to Play concept anyways.

The servers are down temporarily due to a new update. Right now I'm reading Second Life Insider, which has a few interesting articles. I just left Help Island, and I'm trying to find a group to join and find a social niche and stuff.

There's lots to do and see, and I've been wrping around to different spots on the welcome brochure. It's neat being able to explore an upside down house (and look in first person for some cool effects) then go to a Temple in the mountains (complete with a gift shop. Too bad I don't have any money) and then go downtown for free ice cream.

If you want to get anything out of SecondLife you have to pay-to-play anyways.

So, 24 dollars a month for a peice of land or 15 dollars a month for WoW. (I'm in a delimna however over what game to play. I want to get Stormreach because it actually requires skill unlike most MMOs, however the WoW expansion is coming out as well, not to mention that this next patch is going to fix EverCraft so it can actually be called World of WARcraft. World PVP w00t. I'm also pending to get PSU.)

Guest Shadix

You don't get your own land, you can't build outlets to sell your items, space rentals are usually expensive and more than you can get on your tiny 50l$ allowance, so the opportunity for profit is small.