A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Amnesia: the Dark Descent (Let's Play)

Polar Exelion

Here we go, Amnesia: the Dark Descent, I'm doing a let's play of it at the moment. Not just any Let's Play, a blind playthrough. Just be warned though, if you don't like strong language, that's too bad. I start to loosen up around part 3? I feel more comfortable talking to the internet every LP part.

So here is part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqxj7ylVmjo

Enjoy :D

I really, really want to play this game. I've been looking for a decent scare since the Silent Hill series. (Team Silent's Silent Hill from 1999-2003. Not this new American shit we've been getting) And I've heard great things about this game. It's unfortunate, since I'm pretty sure my PC was assembled from a box of scraps. I'm thinking the guy was probably blind-folded too.

I really, really want to play this game. I've been looking for a decent scare since the Silent Hill series.

Play Penubra instead. It's much better than this shit.

No offense but this Amnesia just looks so boring, really.

Penubra is pretty much like this game but it is also scary.

I'll look into it lol. I do know of that game but don't have the cash to get it. :/ We'll see what the next week looks like.

I really, really want to play this game. I've been looking for a decent scare since the Silent Hill series. (Team Silent's Silent Hill from 1999-2003. Not this new American shit we've been getting) And I've heard great things about this game. It's unfortunate, since I'm pretty sure my PC was assembled from a box of scraps. I'm thinking the guy was probably blind-folded too.

Hey bro, don't count yourself out just yet. The game's system requirements are a joke, you'd be surprised how little it takes to run that game.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Why don't you go find out first before assuming you're SOL, you may be pleasantly surprised!

Um yes. I haven't played this game but by the look of it I can say that it looks kinda boring unlike another game of same genre I exemplified.

But I actually called it "shit" just, you know, in non-offensive way :) but, eh, screw that.

Whats_Going_On_In_This_Thread_Huge_Collection_of_Randoms-s400x541-66557-580.jpg

What's with all the rage in this thread? Honestly, after watching

, I gotta say, I find this game to be amazingly hilarious. Plus, the other dude has a bag of milky ways. I've recently begun the acquisition of this game and can't wait to play it personally. It's supposed to be THAT fucking scary according to some, I'll let you all know just how frightening it really is after I play it.

What's with all the rage in this thread? Honestly, after watching

, I gotta say, I find this game to be amazingly hilarious. Plus, the other dude has a bag of milky ways. I've recently begun the acquisition of this game and can't wait to play it personally. It's supposed to be THAT fucking scary according to some, I'll let you all know just how frightening it really is after I play it.

My friend showed me that video, it was amazing xD. When you get the game, good luck, and after I finish this LP, Half-Life anyone?

downloaded the demo of this the other night, my gf's PC ran it like shit so I played it a bit this morning.

Jesus.

It's hard. I pissed away lantern oil like cheap booze and tinderboxes seem to go so quickly. And that's just 5 minutes into the game. I got down to the refinery and got lost.

downloaded the demo of this the other night, my gf's PC ran it like shit so I played it a bit this morning.

Jesus.

It's hard. I pissed away lantern oil like cheap booze and tinderboxes seem to go so quickly. And that's just 5 minutes into the game. I got down to the refinery and got lost.

I lol'd at your sentence: 'pissed away lantern oil like cheap booze'. That's pretty much what happened to my friend, I'm glad he didn't spoil anything for me when he said he'd always run out of oil and get lost.

Also, if anyone here does watch my LP of Amnesia, I've been busy with exam week(s), studying my ass off. More videos probably today or tomorrow.

Hi

I played this game a while back. I got it in an email for my birthday after randomly watching your first video.

It was scary.

It is very much like their old series penumbra, but they dropped the combat system(which happened the worst combat system ever designed) this time. I've only played overture though, so I don't know so much about the two others. What I know is that even though overture was very nice, Amnesia scared me a lot more. I spent 2 days just manning up halfway through.

k thanks bye

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting more and more parts of Amnesia done and after that I'll be moving onto the Half-Life series or the Dead Space series, probably both at once but we'll see how it goes. I'm trying to get 1-2 Amnesia videos out a night. So, I'll probably do better in more action games than scary games, and because of that, I'm leaning more towards the Half-Life series.

EDIT: I also just got Penumbra Overture.

• 3 weeks later...

It's Penumbra, mate. Penumbra: Overture to be precise. Both games are developed by Frictional Games. Both are great horror games. They're not perfect, but what is? You should really try something before you judge it.

You can buy both games on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22180/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

There's also a demo for Amnesia. So you should try it. It would give you more context to your argument or you just might like it. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Cheers.