A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Scott Pilgrim vs. The Thread

Scarletdark

What No Scott pilgrim love at SFGHQ?

Recently I saw a movie by the name of Scott Pilgrim vs the world. I really enjoyed it and started to read the comics and downloaded a demo of the game. I'm really lovin everything that has to do with Scott Pilgrim. It's combination of retro gaming and unique story make it lovable in my opinion.

Anyone else like Scott Pilgrim?

Edit: Love the first level of the game's music.

Oh, there's love for Scott Pilgrim -- it's just that many of us show it the most over at Retro. ;)

And the comics are pure gold. It has the best writing I've ever read in a graphic novel (granted, I don't read too many graphic novels) -- it's the first series I've ever wanted to read over and over again. BTW, Wallace is awesome; he's got some of the best quips and one-liners in the series.

I've also seen the movie, played the game, watched the animated short, and even bought the T-shirt. I'm a regular Scottaholic. =P

I own the game and movie but I got to get the comics online. I like playing the dlc with my friends but to do wish it was online because my friends thinks the retro look sucks and like HD and 3D.

You should kick him in the balls for hating such an incredible masterpiece. lol.

Anyway, the game is awesome, my favorite track is Clash at Demonhead!

Actually, I'd never even heard of it until the movie started having trailers on television and at the time all I could think was that it must be some adaptation of something that had been around forever on account of Ila's aim names referencing it.

Didn't think much of the movie trailers, and honestly it just doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would appeal to me.

I honestly I think you guys should check out (at least) the movie.

You won't be lost because you haven't read the Graphic Novel, plus it's the first movie, in my opinion, that was made specifically for the gamers.

Its pretty freakin cool, plus there's a ton of video game references (sonic ring noise, sonic end of level cash register noise, Zelda save select song, ect.)

I honestly I think you guys should check out (at least) the movie.

You won't be lost because you haven't read the Graphic Novel, plus it's the first movie, in my opinion, that was made specifically for the gamers.

Its pretty freakin cool, plus there's a ton of video game references (sonic ring noise, sonic end of level cash register noise, Zelda save select song, ect.)

You forgot the obvious Street Fighter Alpha 3 announcer. I don't how they end up having that sound clip...

I hate obvious geek-pandering too, but this movie was a lot more subtle with the references than I thought it would be. I felt like this was Micheal Cera's best movie and the writing was really good. The fight scenes are really awesome, and a lot of the music is written by Beck and some indie bands, so if thats your thing its really good. Also, it was directed by the same person that directed Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Basically, I think its worth a shot even if you don't instantly give it two thumbs up for mentioning Zelda.

I agree with most of what's been said. Scott pilgrim is an okay film but it us really overrated. One of my friends said it was the best nostalgia trip ever, when I asked them what the nostalgia was, the replied with some crap about a reference to bomb-ombs and sound effects. The comics were better.

Totally agree with overbound , Michael Cera seems to only play the roled of emotional distressed teenagers. He's a good actor at doing what he does, nothing else. The game was pretty fun, too short.

Gawd I feel old on this forum, everyones opinion just clashes with mine lol. Oh well, nobody is amused easily nowadays. Scott pilgrim isn't some bastion of amazing writing or anything like that for me, it was a fun movie with cool fight scenes is all. The sound effects were fun at times and the music kept the movie moving right along.

I've stopped looking for "that movie" (and "that game" for all intents and purposes, it happens either way) that some of you are so righteously searching for, and I've learned to enjoy things for what they are. If you're into it, cool, if you're not, cool, I'm sure there's something else that you enjoy so keep going for that.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's have some actual discussions on this forum rather than have a shit throwing contest with each other on what's hot or not, this is starting to become a really boring forum.