A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PSP 2 Phone

Scarletdark

You want a good gaming phone? Get an iOS or Android-based phone (interestingly enough the alleged PSP Phone is android based...). I don't think this is the PSP2. PSP2 might be entirely different, imo. This could just be a "creative" attempt at getting back at Apple, the way I see it. Anywho I'd be interested, but for 3 reasons I'm not. :U

1. No analog stick.

2. I already have a PSP. ;>

3. My phone already is a good gaming phone and is getting a rather slow release of some decent titles. (I have a Palm Pre Plus on VZW)

yea I'd be more pumped for this as it has everything I want out of a luxury phone, but I just entered a contract on a galaxy S samsung phone. Androids are amazing though and I really hope they stick with Android and just let you run psp games by downloading or something. Either way, there's a ton of emulators on the android OS already, that using this to play them would be 100% ideal.

My oppinnion get a "Ok" Phone and get an ipod touch, Best thing I ever did for portable gaming, And its so easy to jailbreak and get free apps. Iphone's cost too much and are not worth it but ipod touch's are definitely worth the money :)

This. Currently I still have my 5 year old Nokia 3200 with its original battery (heh), but I plan to get a "multipurpose device" (itouch, android-running gadget, whatever) for the best combination. Why?

This way, I can mess with online stuff, games, music without worries, because if the battery runs out, I can still use my phone that makes calls. Because... that's what a phone does, right? (and maybe send a few text messages, lol)

Anyway... while the iPhone/iPad are working very well with an extensive repertoire of entertainment-centered apps, I really can't like this concept.

The biggest problem I have a phone that doubles as a handheld computer or gaming machine or music player is that when I drain the battery with those functions, I can't make phone calls when I need to.

Provided that my phone is in a place with good signal (i.e. not a massive concrete building), I can normally get about 5-7 days on a single charge.

For a phone I have a rather good recommendation:

The LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile. Not only is it a pretty great phone (though perhaps not as good as the Iphone), but the service deal is amazing. Pre-paid, no contract, 25 bucks a month for UNLIMITED, text, e-mail, web, etc. You only get 300 minutes of talk time but for most people like me, who don't even use the "talk" part of their phones all that much anymore, it's a total steal. Especially with free texting and web!

After you get that, use the left over cash that you save on the plan and buy a 3DS so you can play the bazillion omgwtf awesome games being released for it.

I think the idea of a PSP running android would kick ass but the phone part is really what kills it for me. I really would like to invest the money on this but I just can't help but think that this will end up like another unsuccessful phone/gaming platform.

[qimg]http://gamesworldbodmin.co.uk/images/ngage.jpg[/qimg]

Well, the PSP is already a fairly well established system. And that prototype mockup actually looks like a sweet design. The sliding control pad is what will actually make this system viable.