A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SW: The Force Unleashed II Discussion

luksamuk

Look, sarcasm aside, I'm saying that you're wrong because maybe a good portion of people like Star Wars, but not everyone does.

It was just a way of saying. You shouldn't criticize me just because I said that. Star Wars is very famous, you know.

I'm starting to regret that I posted this thread.

The point I'm trying to make is that while Star Wars is VERY popular, don't you think it's an overstatement to say everyone likes it? Nevermind, let's drop this... You heard me, no more of this bullshit.

Back to the subject at hand... I'm not too much of a fan of this series, although I do find the story to be interesting in the fact it involves a clone or several clones of Starkiller.

It's difficult for me to ignore the seemingly money-hungry tactics of this game. The Force Unleashed ended with a closed chapter. It was done and dusted. Now they try to figure out a way to bring Starkiller back so as to make more money off The Force Unleashed...

It's kinda reminding me of what Sega did to Shadow. Still, I don't play The Force Unleashed for the story, I play it to fling Storm Troopers into the sky and watch them fly. Colour me excited.

• 3 weeks later...
Lightsaber combos make no sense because it should only ever take one slash before you're in pieces.

This is why Force Unleashed is gay. Metal Gear Rising is what this game should have been.

I just saw this trailer and it looks awesome. But to be fair he gets shot with bullets a lot, when that would kill a person. You'll probably say he has bullet proof armor, but not in his face. And in star wars, the storm troopers have insane armor as well, remember in episode one how long it took Qui-Gon Jin to cut threw the door? Lightsabers are strong, but even they can't cut directly threw everything. Both look like good games.

Played the demo.

And bought the game.

Loved that. Starkiller's never been so powerful. Besides I disliked the

ending, where you have to choose the Dark Side or Light Side pressing a button.

Besides that, Starkiller using Force Fury

to kill Darth Vader using the energy from a tower

was incredible.

And uhm...

he gets shot with bullets a lot, when that would kill a person.

That's right. But that's a videogame. And that's Star Wars. They have the ability to reflect blaster bolts. And now in this game, they have the ability to reflect missiles. lol.

I remember the good old days when a Star wars game mean serious buissness, from gameplay and story like Dark Forces, Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2, Jedi Academy and of course Rebel Assault, but Force Unleashed? nahh i pass, why? im not a fan of using too much the Jedi powers, because is like the problem with the Homing attack or Lightdash for sonic, they are useful yes, but they are optional for the jedi to use, not a must like some of the time you have to be using reflect force to avoid the bullet rain from the troopers, or using constantly the pull or push force, i think what makes a Star wars game cool is it lightsaber fights, its weapons, their ships, and of course the story, not just the jedi powers, and that's why i stopped to play SW games since Academy and a few more, because they are more focused in jedi powers than much else, i think the game i enjoyed the most of SW was Dark Forces 2, yes was a FPS most of the time but man fighting troopers with the lightsaber in first person was a blast for me.

I just saw this trailer and it looks awesome. But to be fair he gets shot with bullets a lot, when that would kill a person. You'll probably say he has bullet proof armor, but not in his face. And in star wars, the storm troopers have insane armor as well, remember in episode one how long it took Qui-Gon Jin to cut threw the door? Lightsabers are strong, but even they can't cut directly threw everything. Both look like good games.

armor =/= door. i only saw Star Wars ep. 2,3, and 4, but in all that time i have never seen anyone survive lightsaber contact unless it was severing a limb off. Either you're in pieces or your organs are all fried.

And about the bullets....this is a videogame. I dont care if they die in one shot but I dont. And even if that was the case, the Life bar could have been changed to a "bar that determines when you stop auto-shielding and dodging" bar, which means you never really get shot by anything in the game until that last bullet. Or something. Jedi Outcast was fun because it had annoying puzzles and bitches died and fell apart with single slashes. They advertise Next-gen and DMM, but no flailing body parts? Laaammmmeee.

Of course thats just me. Lightsabers were the only really cool thing about star wars imo.

And also on the side, i am sick and tired of every game trying to be an epic beat em up. I've played enough God of War in the first two, i've seen enough when i watched my roommate beat the third one. Sonic Unleashed, Castlevania, Splatterhouse, Wolverine Orgins, ect ect, people wont stop ripping off the god dammed forumla. And besides, NO game has even come close to doing it like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, so there is no point in me getting excited over AERIAL COMBOS and epic hitlag and slow mottiionnnnn and cinematic button press finishers and shit. It's gotten old. I wish they'd just develop their own gimmick and go with it.

(although that's kind of what Wolverine Orgins did with the whole visual damage thing. And we've watched Splatterhouse rip off that too, it looks like.)

This game would probably be pretty good if it wasn't so god damn short I beat it in a not all that long visit to my brother's house. You know what I wanna see? A Jedi so bad ass he doesn't even use his light saber. He uses his bare hands. Make it like Fist of the North Star. Screw Force Push, that's a force power for wimps. I want Force Kick You In The Fucking Face and Force Punch So Hard Your Chest Explodes. Also, more creative uses of Force Speed and Force Pull, like a

Like Star Wars God Hand but with more powers accessible earlier on.

The concept of Jedi Martial Arts and using the force to cause physical damage to an opponent within sounds bitchin to me. Force Head Explody ftw.

Hey come on. Everybody likes Star Wars.

And this game isn't that bad. While not mentioning that it is epic.

I'm not 'everybody'.

But looking at the trailer, it looks pretty decent. The 3D models looks awesome as well the visual effects.