A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Millenium

AMTSonic

you can't be spoonfed everything, you need to have a browse through some of the threads here already.

also:

you said starting small isn't your style. bad idea.

you've set yourself a ridiculously huge project and all you're going to do is disappoint yourself.

if you want to get anywhere then you have to start small.

you can't be spoonfed everything, you need to have a browse through some of the threads here already.

also:

you said starting small isn't your style. bad idea.

you've set yourself a ridiculously huge project and all you're going to do is disappoint yourself.

if you want to get anywhere then you have to start small.

Not necessarily I find that If I have a bigger project, I work harder and I get a better result... if I start small I start to slack and take out things becuz I think I dont need it... I like to go big, it might be more work, but hopefull it will also produce better outcome

If you feel like you're not making any progress, or you won't be able to do what you had in mind, try to change your gameplan. Think about how you can design the game that will work with the sprites you actually have and will wrap around the things you are able to code, rather than striving for something you probably can't even do. Even if you CAN do it, but the amount of effort required is enormous for you, you should try to make some cuts and modifications so that things will become more possible for you.

In terms of programming, I'd recommend going to the main site, downloading some basic engines, putting your thinking cap on and seeing how they work, and then if you don't mind building from an already made engine, taking a look at Worlds (or Delta), Dash, etc and working from there using the knowledge you've gained.

If you think the game is starting to turn out skimpish or a bit dull to the way you wanted it, don't fret, it's probably better than you think, and you could always consider setting your game up for a sequel and making the second one even better. ;>

Ok Iv took up some research about a few engines which cud be useful and which ones I shud avoid! However, since my project seems unique (unless someones made one like mine) Im trying to figure out which engines would be best for stuff such as the power ups that some up Tek Chips allow the characters to do, maybe you guys can help me with what engines would be best?

Id love for you to help! Id love for as much help as I cud get! I mean I wudnt mind if we made this like a group site project or something, i mean im sure with a lot of work we cud make it a really great game! i mean REALLY great... but i dont think ppl are gonna go for it, so yeah if u wanna help, i wont push u away XD and yes ill get on msn more often

yeam im on right now, also have u played Silver the Hedgehog: World's Collide? Silver's gameplay is really unique

Yeah, the engine I have is pretty similar, but has some differences. IMO it's way better. Anyways, I'm online now. XD

• Like 1