A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Millenium

AMTSonic

Hi, so I'm new to making a game, though Im NOT new to spriting! I'm not experienced in coding and I wouldn't know how to go about a game per se, I know about what things are needed, but I dont have the skill quite yet to do it myself and I cannot construct levels the way I want, thus I'm seeking help! I've got my game idea down, the storyline, script, voice actors, level ideas and sprite sheets (except for Blaze, i cant find a good advanced sheet for her thats good). Anyways, here the premise of my game, tell me what you think, and PLEASE if you can help me let me know!

Sonic Millennium

Summary:

After a strange technological gadget appears in future city with a shocking explosion, Eggman takes heed to this alert and steals the gadget from it's confinement. When Sonic here's the ruckus caused by the pursuit of Eggman, he joins in and decides to figure out what he's got planned. After Eggman gets cornered, a strange portal appears and sucks him and Sonic through to a destination unknown. Sonic finds himself in a whole new world and has no idea where his friends are. Meanwhile Eggman and his apparent partner-in-crime Eggman Nega plan to find special gadgets, similar to the one found by Eggman earlier, called TekCaps, which embed the user with special capabilities. When Sonic finds his way through this new world and figures out what Eggman's doing, he must race to find the chips through different areas and even worlds, and use similar gadgets with specific capabilities to fight his way to the finish line. However, with another player in this race, Silver the Hedgehog, Sonic will have either have to work with him or stay out of his way. What will the Eggmen use these "special" capsules for? How will the two hedgehogs defeat the Eggmen and put a stop to their planned devastation? Travel through time and space and save both worlds before there are none!

Playable Characters:

• Sonic the Hedgehog

• Silver the Hedgehog

• Miles "Tails" Prower

• Knuckles the Echidna

• Amy Rose

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Rouge the Bat

• E-123 Omega

• Blaze the Cat

• Vector the Crocodile

• Espio the Chameleon

Gameplay:

Sonic Millennium is an action-adventure, high-speed 2D game!

Use the minor battle system to defeat enemies. Each character will have a special attack. Each special varies on the cost of power energy. If your power gauge is not at a certain percent fill, you may not be able to use that special. Build up the gauge by destroying enemies and collecting blue and yellow orbs. The Blue ones fill them faster!

The high-speed side of the game allows you to boost, which is essential for some 2D Speed mach levels. For Sonic, Blaze and Shadow, it will allow you to burst forwards with sonic speed for a limited time.

Relatively new to the game, as you go through levels you'll be able to access various TekCaps, which act as power-ups that give you a specific ability, much like the wisps do in Sonic Colors. These abilities, both offensive and defensive, can vary from conjuring a storm, having a force field or even stopping time for a short period. These are only accessible by attaining them throughout levels. They will will help you get through the level and have fun doing it as well!

Levels:

Future City - A futuristic city full of tall, metallic buildings! Full of hover cars you can drive and metro rails you can grind. It's the first level of the game! (Note: This stage takes place in the actual future.)

Tropicadia Pier - A large, colorful carnival on a beach pier at night. Full of rides like roller coasters and Ferris wheels that will allow you to reach high places and/or circle the area of the carnival in high-speed carts. It's like your riding the rides yourself! (This is the first Boss stage level.)

Omocha Factory - A cluttered factory full of new mechanical toys and pillars of crates. While some parts of the factory look colorful and warming, other rooms, like the small warehouses full of failed and perilous toy inventions, will prove to be a not so toy-friendly experience.

Pear Glaze Isle - A lush green beach island surrounded by sub-adjacent islands. Bounce your way around the islands with the various special fruit from trees and surf the waves to to travel to long distance islands. In addition to regular enemies, watch out for various sea creatures that might block your way!

Crystal Everest - An icy tundra full of glowing crystals, that was once a secret base. It's surrounded by slippery ice and thick snow that you can use either to snow-board or conjure up a small snowstorm to defeat your enemies. But watch out for giant snowballs, they're fast and loaded. You don't want to get get caught by it or in it. (This stage is a 3D/2D speed-zone)

Chimeral Forest - A thick forest full of swinging vines, ponds and strange creatures. Creatures like Griffins and froads can help you move on, while others like spider-monkeys and werewolves will prove to be antagonizing.

Sol City - Crisis City before it was known as Crisis city; It's new-york styled city with tall buildings, bridges and roof top ramps. Within the city are special airway tubes where you can spin through to go through the city faster. (This stage is a 3D/2D speed-zone)

Power Mach Highway - A large speed-zone intertwining highway surrounded by city buildings, roads, rails, platforms and powered engines. Here is where speed is key! You can use the various mechanics and speed rails, such as catapults, rockets, propellers and bridges. (This stage is a 3D/2D speed-zone)

Beryl Gush Valley - A rocky canyon full of special blue gushing rivers and waterfalls. Skid across the speeding streams and ride the great lakes with jet skis. Keep watch of the floating waters as they can trap you for a limited time and make you lose your rings. You can however use the giant bubbles to float to higher places as an advantage.

Dark Haze Palace - A dark, smoggy desolate area full of broken down castle-like buildings and surrounded by cemeteries. Along with the dark blood red sky and ghostly fog, you'll find yourself surrounded by haunted objects and beings that will either help you or scare you to death...

V-Tech Ravia - The ultimate virtual game-like world lit by laser beams and coated with metallic surroundings. Various arcade games and adaptions are waiting to be played, as you won't be able to move without play the rules of the game. Watch out for the Eggmen's cheat codes though, they'll prove to be giant pain that could cause game over for you. (Boss Stage) (This stage is a 3D/2D speed-zone)

N. Meta-Sapien Lab - One of Nega's old underground labs, where he committed heinous experiments such as creating cyborgs out of humans. The walls ooze sickly green substances while the roof leaks with unknown chemicals. Be careful not to jump in any vats or puddles of these chemicals as it will spell instant death. Use the various teleporters and hover-crafts to make your way through.

Sky Stadium - A pure Boss Battle Stage. A huge roman empire-like Colosseum that floats in the air.

Space Fleet - The Eggmen's space ship armada. While in space you must fight your way from ship to ship, destroying the last, until you reach the main base. Be careful of the anti-gravity pump device, it will constantly try to suck you into small back holes or lift you up. You'll have to step on ground switches to restore the gravity for you to continue to move around. Each spaceship has a self-destruct contraption that you must destroy to go on to the next ship.

• Like 1

what about charmy, mighty and espio? no cream or big the cat either?

Why Cream or Big? They're long gone, I think. Same with Charmy. Mighty is waaaaaay gone. Espio, I don't see why he isn't in the game. Of course, I would love to see those characters as non-playable characters again in the future, but I don't see how they would be necessary to the game.

Goodies. I believe Charmy should only be a side character, same with Cream and Big. But, It's just my own opinion. :)

I was able to make some "acceptable" advance sprite sheets for Espio and Vector by editing a bit, I found a good charmy sheet but it was incomplete, plus he wouldn't serve much to the game as a playable character.

My BIGGEST problem is trying to get a Blaze the Cat sheet in advance style, i cant find a good one thats complete... If i dont find one i may have to take her off the list T_T

I was able to make some "acceptable" advance sprite sheets for Espio and Vector by editing a bit, I found a good charmy sheet but it was incomplete, plus he wouldn't serve much to the game as a playable character.

My BIGGEST problem is trying to get a Blaze the Cat sheet in advance style, i cant find a good one thats complete... If i dont find one i may have to take her off the list T_T

I agree. No one has made a decent Blaze sheet. She deserves it, She's a great character.

In other words, you want somebody to code the game for you? And you claim to not be new to spriting, yet you can't "get" a Blaze the Cat spritesheet?

Harkens me back to my very first foray into Sonic fangaming. Ohoohoho, 21 playable characters was a hoot.

My advice is simple: Drop about... say... ten of those characters, seven of your stages, and build a good Sonic only game with about seven stages. Of course, that'd require you actually doing some programming, which you seem set on not doing.

Please forgive me for sounding rude, but get real.

In other words, you want somebody to code the game for you? And you claim to not be new to spriting, yet you can't "get" a Blaze the Cat spritesheet?

Harkens me back to my very first foray into Sonic fangaming. Ohoohoho, 21 playable characters was a hoot.

My advice is simple: Drop about... say... ten of those characters, seven of your stages, and build a good Sonic only game with about seven stages. Of course, that'd require you actually doing some programming, which you seem set on not doing.

I wouldn't forgive you if you said that too me. XD Yes, it is quite a lot of levels for a large amount of characters, but it's his fan-game, and if he wants that much, then, well, he can have it (if he is willing to work for it). Some people makes fan-games because they want a game with features they want, then other people (like me) work to what the fan-base wants.

I wouldn't forgive you if you said that too me. XD Yes, it is quite a lot of levels for a large amount of characters, but it's his fan-game, and if he wants that much, then, well, he can have it (if he is willing to work for it). Some people makes fan-games because they want a game with features they want, then other people (like me) work to what the fan-base wants.

I've gotten the vibes that he really wasn't.

Yes, I need a more experienced coder to help me as I'm am not skilled enough to do it all by myself

Just becuz I cant find a certain sheet, doesnt mean I dont know how to sprite, if thats what your getting at...

And regardless of whether or not u were tying to be rude, u were and u made some blatant and just stupid accusations and assumptions, and while ill respect your free-thought, I DONT respect you coming here implying that I only "claim" to sprite and that I want someone to do all my work for me...

Yes, I need a more experienced coder to help me as I'm am not skilled enough to do it all by myself

Just becuz I cant find a certain sheet, doesnt mean I dont know how to sprite, if thats what your getting at...

And regardless of whether or not u were tying to be rude, u were and u made some blatant and just stupid accusations and assumptions, and while ill respect your free-thought, I DONT respect you coming here implying that I only "claim" to sprite and that I want someone to do all my work for me...

By all means, show for it then. The Mystical Forest Zone has a blaze sprite sheet, I believe. I'm sure, if you ARE the spriter you claim to be (not stating you aren't), then revamping the sheet and creating your own animations should be little to no problem, right?

Nobody is going to come in and offer you help, especially on a project this daunting, unless you can contribute something besides the idea. Post some of your sprites.

I'm not trying to condescend, I'm trying to be of help. My words may be harsh, but my intentions aren't.

At least now we're on the right track. :)

Give a little to get a little.

But still, I recommend you start small, for not only your sake, but anyone else you manage to get on the project. :)

Build the game with Sonic only. Then, branch out to additional characters once you have a solid base.

Ugh its just not my style >.> If I have an idea that iv striven to create for a while, i wont be able to let it go, even if I try... I like to go big with a blow out, instead of gradually make my way through... im impatient ._.

To be honest, I'm the same way. My project is massive.

However, I've been building my game with the mindset that I could give up on it at any time, so I've been building it in steps. That way, if I ever do give up, I can still have a solid game ready for release. :)

In example, my first goal is to get some Sonic levels going. Once I have about 3 or 4, I think back to my original plan and make two more Sonic levels, and a single level for two other characters.

At this point, if I get tired of the project, I still have six Sonic levels as well as two additional levels, enough for a game. :)

Really, it's just a personal strategy of mine. :D Hope the advice helps even a little.

Well Id like to go about it like that, tho besides spriting, creating the story, setting what i want the game controls to be, writing the script, getting the voices and sfx, I can do much like construct levels or coding, I dont have enough knowledge to create a workable game yet, thats why i want help soon that way I dont get pessimistic about the idea along the way... Thats why im learning but I dont have much time to get it all

Well Id like to go about it like that, tho besides spriting, creating the story, setting what i want the game controls to be, writing the script, getting the voices and sfx, I can do much like construct levels or coding, I dont have enough knowledge to create a workable game yet, thats why i want help soon that way I dont get pessimistic about the idea along the way... Thats why im learning but I dont have much time to get it all

practice coding. everyone has to start somewhere.

check out my static engine thread. started from scratch and improved with help from beautiful people such as nitemare.

I am surprised this topic is still up

Rules kinda forbid this unless you have something to show, reason being its to prevent posts like this with the 10 zillion characters and a bunch of ideas that probably won't happen. You're asking for a lot, and I don't think you'll find a coder so you probably should get going on your own and figure stuff out. There are pre-built engines here on the forum...

For GameMaker

For MMF

So you could take a look into those. Otherwise sorry man, I don't think you'll find anyone to code for you here.

• Like 1

I dont want someone to necessarily code everything for me, I want them to help me so I can learn along with them, and/or help me with a certain part of coding that i can't get that they can help with

I figure this would be faster and Ill get to learn as well that way Im more prepared should i make a new game