A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Man v. Food

Ristar

Has anyone watched this utterly fantastic show?

It's my favourite program on the telly at the moment.

For those of you who haven't seen it, here is the premise:

Adam Richman is a husky chap who goes around the united states, sampling each city's most popular/interesting venues (If I ever go to Georgia, I am heading straight to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffle House for a Midnight Train). At the end of each episode, he attempts to beat a food challenge, hoping to end up on the restaurant's Hall of Fame/Flame/Pain etc.

It sounds bland, but Adam Richman is extremely hard to dislike and I always feel like rooting for him.

Anyone ever attempted any of the challenges on the show?

I ordered a Phaal Curry the other night, ate one piece of chicken and got fiery hiccups.

I watch the show every week, it's a great way to find out places you'd otherwise miss out on. I'm about 2 hours away from the 420 cafe they showed a few months ago with the big subs that have ridiculous stuff in them. If I'm ever in sarasota I'm definitely visiting that place

I saw a part of an episode once and found the who concept quite silly. There are plenty of other shows on Food Network that show off good restaurants without having to watch some dude partake in an eating contest.

Bit off topic but my favorite Food Network show has to be Good Eats. He explains things so well and you really get the idea that he knows what he's talking about. Also love all the interesting tidbits he throws in.

Edit I guess that's a Travel Channel show not that it changes what I said.

It's not one I'm particularly fond of. It's good for information, but I grow tired of these shows where someone goes and stirs up some shit in some restauraunt. Granted Richman's purpose is much more simple than some of these food wars things. Like that one bitch who goes to "settle" food rivalries and stuff like that.

I love Man vs Food, and I watch it when I can. It introduced me to this burger:

doublebypass_thumb.jpg

Actually, according to this picture it's called the Double Bypass, but from what I saw on Man vs Food it's called the Vortex Burger elsewhere. One huge patty, all the veggie fixings, six slices of bacon, three slices of cheese, a fried egg, and the buns are grilled cheese sandwhiches.

..And I ate one with two patties. I'm a lard, I know.

I love Man vs Food, and I watch it when I can. It introduced me to this burger:

[qimg]http://www.foodiebuddha.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/doublebypass_thumb.jpg[/qimg]

Actually, according to this picture it's called the Double Bypass, but from what I saw on Man vs Food it's called the Vortex Burger elsewhere. One huge patty, all the veggie fixings, six slices of bacon, three slices of cheese, a fried egg, and the buns are grilled cheese sandwhiches.

..And I ate one with two patties. I'm a lard, I know.

Ahhh yeah, another gem from Georgia I think.

Maybe I find it more amazing because I'm over in the UK and we don't really do "big" food, unless it's made at home.

Adam Richman is such a lovely bloke though, he's answered a few of my tweets and is very polite. I am worried though, MvF Host isn't the healthiest occupation going.

He's gained some weight since last season. Which is understandable, but he is usually very good about eating healthy and excersizing when NOT taping one of this episodes. He may be slacking.

that's the first thing my missus said when we watched a preview of the silly sauce episode. that jacket's starting to look preeetty tight now.

I love how the Travel Channel has better food shows than the Food Network.

Except Alton Brown, that guy is a boss.

And, Adam just took the Bub's challenge in Indiana. I completed one burger and got a 3 x 5 picture of me and my buds on the wall. I bet he did the three burger challenge, and got a motherfucking poster.