A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Shuffler

TITLE:

Sonic Shuffler

Instructions:

Each game starts with 4 players,5 "Trick Cards"(Trick cards are powerups or special abilities) and 7 number cards, which are 1-9, and a special 1-15 roulette "special card"(All cards are picked Via Roulette, so you can have 5 special and 2 1 cards in a single game). When the screen says "It's your turn", use the arrow keys to pick a card and then run around the board for the ammount of seconds stated on your card, or when you hit the space bar. You must be on a "game circle" or you will go back to where you started your turn(Don't overestimate how long you can go! The distance between circles varys.).After all 4 players have taken one turn, a Mini Game is played(Mini Games will vary). To win, collect 6 "mega rings". If you win 5 Mini Games, you automatically get one Mega Ring. If you get 100 rings, you can steal somebody's mega ring.

Current Playable Characters(In progress includes coding, animating, etc.):

Sonic - In Progress

Tails - Not Started

Knuckles - In Progress

Amy - Not Started

Shadow - Not Started

Silver - Not Started

Rouge - Not Started

Hidden characters(these are going to be blacked out on character select, and unlockable):

Mr. Needlemouse - Not Started

Dr. Eggman - Not Started

Super Sonic - Not Started

Mario - Not Started

Cheat Codes:

nevergonna - Rick Astley plays on all levels

LOLWUT - all game tiles are cats

doctoremmettlathropbrown - infinite seconds

sonikku - Sonic becomes pink

Credits:

Credits:

Original Music:

SEGA

Custom Music:

ImperialStinger

Programming:

KorKon Technologies

Sonic Belongs to:

SEGA

Hosting:

Sonic Fangame HQ

Custom Sprites/Sprite Rippers:

KorKon Technologies

NeoShadow

Whip

NintendoSegaSMBZ1

Domenico

FireX

Daniel Sydney

The Shy Guy Kingdom

The Sonic Advance Custom Pose Project

The Mystical Forest Zone

Ryu22

Grim

Shadow91

Nightmare

Deekman

Nintendo_6444

Shiver

Cyclone

Lyoko

Sonic117007

SonicBoy the Hedgehog

Adem The Demon

N-Finity

Fox Omega

foxx

Vortex

The SaiyanHog

Frag

Zig Zonar

SilvaEdge

Psytrack

WiichaoheroX

Shadow_91

The Leaf Forest Zone

*smashes head on keyboard*

Epon's topic is less spam than this. Focus on a project, and do it right like everyone else. This isn't E3, this isn't anything important. This is a fucking forum. Post solid info like everyone else. Lay off this the stupid promotional countdown crap.

...On the other hand, I'm curious about where this trainwreck is going to end up. Carry on. Try to prove my intuition wrong.

Thank you for re-opening my thread. I was simply using general as a placeholder until I have a demo, then I was going to make a fangame discussion thread.

I don't see how this is spam, since I'm actually talking about something related to Sonic, unlike the Mr. needlemouse thread which is talking about something about soccer and bees,but I'm not saying that general chat is Sonic only. The forum rules say that you can talk about anything, so I thought this would be the only place I could post without breaking rules.

I felt that a countdown would be a good way to keep people checking this, and a decent way to get people more likely to post. I try to get as many ideas or compliments or comments I can get, to help my fangame grow to be better. I guess I made this because I wanted to reveal a little info because it's gonna be a while before my demo is done.

Also:

I do not appreciate you closing my Sonic Colorful thread, I did not request for it to be closed. I simply said that I would like people to stop posting until 8/1/2010, because I will resume progress on that date due to no info being available, so it's impossible for me to show gameplay or screenshots because I dont have enough to make a level, nor add info.

This would also still be against the rules because:

When you make a thread here' date=' you CANNOT just post a lot of information on the game. Anyone can come in and say they're making a game with 12 characters, 40 levels, and Super/Hyper characters in every level, but until you show us something, we have nothing to talk about. You have to give us at least some kind of proof that this game exists, whether it's artwork, music, screenshots/mock-ups*, videos, or anything. Logos do not count. You can show off whatever you like, as long as it's not only text. Also, engine tests have to be something more than a couple seconds or simply posting one from the site with minor changes.[/quote']

and seeing as this is a fangame you're discussing, I think it belongs in the fangaming discussion forum, where that rule up there would be in place - and so you'd be breaking the rules no matter where you post this.

But I'm not a mod and I see ila already has said words and stuff so whatever.

Come on guys, give 'im a break. If people didn't post vague information about games they haven't started yet, we really wouldn't have anything to discuss other than how much Sega is fucking Sonic in the ass.

I should go post vague information about games I haven't started yet either then haha. Sonic Ultimate Extreme Loopmaster X2: Ultimate Edition which features 300 different characters will have its own topic soon ;D

But really, I think posting about bees is a better substitute. BEES.

NEW INFO AT: AM 11:00 EST

Yeeea. Uh...

Look...Your enthusiasm is appreciated buuuut...

1) As we've mentioned, we have game creation-centric subforums for discussing projects we're working on. You're supposed to be posting your fangame stuff there and not here. This is where we discuss vuvuzelas and how badly we want to smother Sonic with a pillow while he's sleeping, forcefully pressing it up against his face, ignoring his attempts to break free, until his limbs finally fall and he leaves this mortal coil.

2) The world never asked for more Sonic Shuffle. Hell, the world stopped asking for more Mario Party after the second one. The current stigma against both party games and Sonic the Hodgepodge do nothing to whet our appetite for another one, let alone whet our appetite enough that we'd want to know exactly what time we'd get more information on said game. This isn't Smash Bros. Brawl. I greet the prospect of this project with the same enthusiasm as I would the blood-drenched ghost of Joseph Stalin riding a carpet of screaming babies.

3) People who join the forums and expect everyone to possess any give-a-fuck about their screenshot-less, demo-less project proposal (and that's what this is, a proposal, not a project), let alone massive amounts of give-a-fuck, usually don't finish what they're working on, and no one bats an eyelash. Anyone can get a keyboard and type up a long paragraph that basically amounts to "I'm gonna make a really great game!" The people and projects we pay attention two are the ones who aren't all talk and actually demonstrate the talent to follow through with their intended design.

This is the part where I say "this thread is bad and you should feel bad", but since I already compared your game idea to a blood-drenched ghost of Stalin riding a magic carpet of screaming infants in the same post, I'll ease up, give you a metaphorical pat on the head, a hearty laugh, and kindly ask that you post solid evidence of your game's development when you actually have said evidence, and in the correct forum.

Have a super day, sport <3

1. I know this, but this area states that you may talk about anything within the rules, and due to this forum breaking the rules of the fangame discussion area, this is the only place I can talk about it.

2.The Critics wanted more from the original one, less annoying music, better storyline, more original, so I'm making the first Sonic Shuffle Fangame, that fixes all the Critics Issues. My game does NOT play like a Mario party game, you can compare my game and the dreamcast game as a Husky and German Sheppard. Sheppards are big and tough and mean, while huskys are smaller and act totally different(mostly hyper and cute and happy), while they still look the same in a few ways.(did that make any sense?)

3.I totally agree with you that nobody should really care, but I made this because I wanted to give info out before I get a demo out.(my intention was to get a bit of info out once or twice a day, until my demo was finished)

But but but...

all that other stuff I said! Point freakin' one! And point freakin' three! Sure, point two is subjective but one and three were entirely within the scope of reason! And you've blown them off!

This is my critique of the baby fetish kid all over again! >8U

Don't even bother, my first post in this topic was like a condensed version of yours and just like Conic, this is going to get nowhere. The only difference is that he gave some good laughs in the process haha.

1. I know this, but this area states that you may talk about anything within the rules, and due to this forum breaking the rules of the fangame discussion area, this is the only place I can talk about it.

:ahuh:

Well officer I did traffic massive amounts of illegal drugs, but due to everyone else here breaking the law, this crack house is the only place I can sell cocaine.

See, doesn't really work like that. Plus, I don't see what part of the Fangame discussion forum breaks the rules of the fangame discussion forum.

2.The Critics wanted more from the original one

IGN says: "Everything that can make a board game less enjoyable is done here"

Game Fan says: "Almost everything that "Mario Party" did right, Sonic Shuffle does wrong"

Gamespot says: "Not only a poorly realized party game, it's also a boring one to boot."

Yea! We want more!

less annoying music

That's like asking a chef to "please make my food not disgusting."

better storyline

I don't think any Sonic fan's asked for a storyline period.

My game does NOT play like a Mario party game, you can compare my game and the dreamcast game as a Husky and German Sheppard. Sheppards are big and tough and mean, while huskys are smaller and act totally different(mostly hyper and cute and happy), while they still look the same in a few ways.(did that make any sense?)

Absolutely not.

3.I totally agree with you that nobody should really care, but I made this because I wanted to give info out before I get a demo out.(my intention was to get a bit of info out once or twice a day, until my demo was finished)

"I agree but I'm going against the thing I agree with because...I feel like it."

Welp, this guy can't be helped. I quit. You guys have fun with him. I'm gonna go talk with someone who's more responsive to words and logic. Like a wall.

1265263976810.gif

• Like 1

Well officer I did traffic massive amounts of illegal drugs, but due to everyone else here breaking the law, this crack house is the only place I can sell cocaine.

See, doesn't really work like that. Plus, I don't see what part of the Fangame discussion forum breaks the rules of the fangame discussion forum.

Ila already said i'm allowed. Case closed.

IGN says: "Everything that can make a board game less enjoyable is done here"

Game Fan says: "Almost everything that "Mario Party" did right, Sonic Shuffle does wrong"

Gamespot says: "Not only a poorly realized party game, it's also a boring one to boot."

Yea! We want more!

By "more" I meant better.

Critics want more FROM it, not more OF it.

That's like asking a chef to "please make my food not disgusting."

That doesn't quite make sense, a better one would be "thats like hiring a new chef(me) to make better food because the original chef(Sega) sucked"

I don't think any Sonic fan's asked for a storyline period.

Point taken. But without one, wouldn't the fangame get boring, due to me A. Not having a server and B. most people arent gonna cram themselves around a keyboard and play a fangame?

Absolutely not.

No comment

"I agree but I'm going against the thing I agree with because...I feel like it."

It's more like "I agree but I go against it because I cant do anything else except nothing"

Actually I was just giving you a chance. You already broke enough rules of forums and logic with this thread. I'm moving it to GFD where it can die with your other topic.

1) It's a fangame thread. Yet you posted it in general discussion. Quit trying to misinterpret the rules for your stupidity. Fangame discussion goes in the fangame forum. Period. Full stop. Which brings me to point 2...

2) It's a fangame thread that has nothing aside from a wall of text.

3) You're a colossal tool who can't listen.

In summary, do the math. If you don't have anything to show, nobody gives a fuck. Why couldn't you just wait until you had a demo? Or screenshots? Or anything. Why do you see the need to hype up your project before we have anything to show?