A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

Thanks LH. BTW, can anyone help me out with creating some original grass? Maybe something like this?

sonic4enemyplatform.png

Credit to Blue Emerald

And for everyone bitching about how much I've changed Shimmering Hill Zone, I have come up with some concepts for Forgotten Ruins, and I'm currently working one the graphics for Cryostone Drifts and Aquamarine Maze as well. No previews any time soon, but just thought I'd put that out there.

I know it's only a mock up but I'm happy to see someosrt of visual interpretation of what the level will look like... I really hope you can finish Shimmering Hill and move on soon..

I'm not saying don't perfect your levels, Cus Shimmering Hill does look BEAUTIFUL! Just maybe go back and perfect levels after you've got them roughly implemented into the game?

The mock-up is nice and all it's just you need a light source on your cactus.

Another thing I noticed is that the level has like 3 themes. It has a rocky theme, a desert theme and judging by the background a mechanical theme. These might clash? It's called forgotten ruins yet it has massive metal structure just a pit of lava away from it. The cactus' also seem to be coming out of the rocky tiled floor which doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess this isn't something urgent it's just something that I tihnk would bug me. Try not to go overkill with a stages themes.

I think by Forgotten ruin he may mean there is ruins but there been destroyed by factories.. as if there worth nothing and will soon be forgotten... maybe I'm been stupid though xD

I Personally dont think the cactus fits the rest of the tiles, at all.. Not even the enviroment. It shouldn't grow out of rocks xD

I think you've just clashed too many themes. And the cactus' on Desert Dash zone come out of earth, yours come out of rocks and tiles, it makes no sense. You've tried to add a lava/mountanous theme to a desert/mechanical theme and it's a bit of an overkill.

Right. You really need to stop doing that Delta. The first it was Blaze's Sonic which you still deny, this and I'm pretty sure there have been other times too. Its one thing to be inspired by others but you cannot take directly from others games without asking not even temporarily.