A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Final Fantasy 13

havent played em yet, whenever i do though ill be sure to compare. The environments in this game are astounding on both a graphical and artistic scale.

Main reason that boss destroyed me is because i guess i figured i could just Odin its ass to death, and soon realized the game wasn't going to let me come anywhere close to doing that. Had to do a new paradigm and slowly chip it away + stay alive until i could launch it. Got it close to death THEN Odin'd its ass.

I remember like the first time i came close to beating him, he decided he wanted to knock Lightning into the air and Meteor Smash her ass into the floor. Killed me from like 70% health, and left my jaw open for a good 10 seconds.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol its funny how this game only attracts the nerds here at SFGHQ.

Too bad I just bought it as well.

only the nerds here at SFGHQ.

There are people here who aren't?! Shit! And here I was thinking I was on some forum about making computer games about a woodland cartoon animal with a 'tude!

I love the music. I'm a fan of the composer's work. This and Sigma Harmonics have really sick scores. The jazz/big band-y chocobo theme is tight, and the battle theme makes me happy in the pants.

I'm knee deep in my senior thesis midterms right now, but spring break starts Friday, so I'm definitely sinking my teeth into it then.

Cleared chapter 9. Going to start 10 tomorrow. I'd be there by now, but I had some fun in the last area before 9's final boss. The battles were a lot of fun so I just kept running back and forth between battles. Also had other stuff to do as well.

Cleared chapter 9. Going to start 10 tomorrow. I'd be there by now, but I had some fun in the last area before 9's final boss. The battles were a lot of fun so I just kept running back and forth between battles. Also had other stuff to do as well.

I think I'm like IN that area right now, it's right after they finally let you choose your team, the difficulty of the battles has ramped up exponentially and last at least a good 3~4 minutes.

Its really really funny. I never saw a resembelence to Cloud from lightning in almost any shape or form (i know her face is almost rexture from his model, but she looks nowhere close to masculine), but the longer i play i can tell they're almost exactly the same in character. Save for Cloud's horrible breakdown midstory anyway.

Edit: IGN gave this game a 8.9, Gamespot an 8.5. I really dont get it. "Linear" is the arguement here? Those guys are fucking retards. How this game scored lower than FFX, X-2 and XII is completely beyond me, dude. I can find tons of inconsistencies with the bullshit critics these people hire, but then again this is why i dont pay attention to them anyway.

Its really really funny. I never saw a resembelence to Cloud from lightning in almost any shape or form (i know her face is almost rexture from his model, but she looks nowhere close to masculine), but the longer i play i can tell they're almost exactly the same in character. Save for Cloud's horrible breakdown midstory anyway.

Edit: IGN gave this game a 8.9, Gamespot an 8.5. I really dont get it. "Linear" is the arguement here? Those guys are fucking retards. How this game scored lower than FFX, X-2 and XII is completely beyond me, dude. I can find tons of inconsistencies with the bullshit critics these people hire, but then again this is why i dont pay attention to them anyway.

I know EXACTLY what you mean on the lightning having the cloud complex, she gets over it though, luckily lol.

As for the reviews, don't sweat it too much, the ign review was terrible, it was barely under 2 pages when big release games usually get at least 3~4 pages, and the guy didn't even divulge much about anything, they didn't even touch down on graphics or sound much.

spent a lot of time power leveling (maxing out crystariums) before the end of chapter 9, it didn't even feel like a chore, the battle system is so much fun, and it's also great when you're 5 starring just about every battle. Just hit chapter 10 now.

Anyone else get a phantasy star online vibe from the soundtrack?

Anyone else get a phantasy star online vibe from the soundtrack?

DUDE fuck yes i thought i was the only one.

Although they aren't all nearly as catchy as the tracks from PSOEp.2, they did a really good job. Nobuo is like a god at composing really catchy and memorable tracks, and most of the FF games after 9 seemed to have completely lost it in the transition to higher quality (for reasons i really dont understand. Its like they're only catchy when they're completely artifical sounds.)

Its a shame he didn't do this one, but i have alot of respect for this soundtrack because i find myself actually enjoying the music as i run around. FFXIII has the absolute best battle music out of any of the games, like seriously. I thought i enjoyed the X-2 battle music, but XIII's battle music makes almost every fight feel like a goddamn boss fight. (the intensity of the fights in this game really help with that too. I get tons of enjoyment from finally breaking the really hard bastards and launching their asses.)

About the battle theme though, i read that it was actually done by the lead composer and Nobuo. Ironic huh? But yeah, this soundtrack is no FFVIII, but its still damn good. I adore the battle theme to death.

Offtopic, i've realized that Phantasy Star Online (Episode1,2,3,4, ESPECIALLY 3) are like some of the only tracks that are orchestrated and keep that amazing catchy, nobuo-ish feeling to them. (sad PSU failed so hard.)

Now something really funny was when i first ran into the Sunleth Riverside and found that song had LYRICS to it. I guess they knew how pretty the fucking area was and had to capitalize on it. When i heard it i was afraid they just ruined the area (Jrpgs are good at this when it comes to lyrics) but the song is very catchy.

I havern't wanted to murder Vanille for the past hour, something must be going wrong...

Boss just after you get to choose your party for the first time on the ship is first real easy one in a long while in my opinion. Just switch between all attack to all defense and guard and I was laughing. Maybe it's because I popped all the shrouds.

Just finished up the last of the Eidolon earning battles. So glad those are done with. Been playing around in Chapter 11. Lots of fun stuff to do, and the battles are harder than ever now. Sentinels are pretty much mandatory for me to start a battle.

Spring Break. Finally got to play.

Lightning makes me d'awww during the flashbacks. Vanille makes me d'awww all the time. Hope makes me tear off my face in frustration.

If the game was just 40 hours of Snow beating up people, occasionally, Hope, while Vanille and Lightning did cute things in the background while Sazh shouted stuff, this would probably be the best game ever made.

I can settle for "pretty awesome", though.

FUCK is just such a great sentence enhancer. I dont use the word fuck in real life nearly as much as on these forums. makes me sound like a big potty mouth, really.

The only character on this game to annoy me would be Vanille, just because shes the only one with that cliche super high pitched voice actor. Its funny, the only time her voice acting sounded on point

is when Sazh was about to shoot her.

If the game was just 40 hours of Snow beating up people, occasionally, Hope, while Vanille and Lightning did cute things in the background while Sazh shouted stuff, this would probably be the best game ever made.

Oh it does turn into that eventually, enjoy ;D.

Snow is a fucking badass, he reminds me of Kamina from gurren laggan, and he never lets you down either, he remains a badass through and through.