A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds in Flash

Okay, so the flash build has quite a few problems with Sonic Worlds, but here are the incompatibility logs and the builds for you to see for yourself.

http://www.flame-ex.com/games/sonicbaseengine.html (60fps)

Damizean Core Base Engine - sonicbaseengine.mfa

No error logs.

http://www.flame-ex.com/games/SWPolePod.html (20/60fps)

Sonic Worlds 0.3RC2 - SWPolePod.mfa

Error log

*** Error detected in frame events.

Frame name : Startup

Line #1, action #2 : Stop any music

Frame name : Test Level Act X

Line #1809, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Music_TestLevel")*1.0

Line #1809, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #1810, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Music_SuperSonic")*1.0

Line #1810, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #1811, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("sk_robotnik1")*1.0

Line #1811, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

http://www.flame-ex.com/games/sonicworldsbeta01-27-09.html (15/60fps)

Sonic Worlds 0.5 Beta 01-27-09 - sonicworldsbeta01-27-09.mfa

Error log

Frame name : Startup

Line #1, action #2 : Stop any music

Frame name : Test Level Act X

Line #2633, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Stage")*1.0

Line #2633, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #2635, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Special Stage")*1.0

Line #2635, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #2637, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Music_SuperSonic")*1.0

Line #2637, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #2639, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Egguman")*1.0

Line #2639, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #2647, action #3 : Set frequency of sample Hurry! to 0

Line #2650, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #31 to SampleFreq("Drowning")*1.0

Line #2650, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Line #2652, action #2 : Set frequency of channel #32 to SampleFreq("Speed_up")*1.0

Line #2652, in action #2, expression : SampleFreq(

Note I had to delete all of these incompatible conditions in order export the application. These are all events that have to do with changing the frequency of the sample when super sonic/invincible/speed boots etc. None of the actual engine events are incompatible with flash so that's good so far

The basic one runs perfectly. Others at about 30-35 fps.

The water turned into some kind of brown sludge too. It was pretty sad.

That's just because the subtract effect isn't supported (yet).

I'm quite happy with this runtime, it was more or less clear to me that Worlds wouldn't run properly.

I think one of the main reason for it being so slow is the fact that it always renders the backgrounds. If you open the swf, ( http://www.flame-ex.com/games/SWPolePod.swf ), the background objects, other than the active objects, are visible on the whole screen, not just within the frame area.

slow, but i don't wanna scream about it.

What hurts me the most is that the game is in GENESIS STYLE

lots of us prefer advance style (from these I know)

Umm...this forum is more oriented towards the Genesis style of games...aka when Sonic had multiple paths and not just holding right to win the stage.

Actually this forum is really just oriented to game development at the hobbyist level. We don't discriminate against eras for that purpose. This project however was made for the very specific purpose of making a Genesis style engine that could serve as either a standalone engine or a useful learning tool for making your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, sorry...

I've been out of the loop for awhile now. I know MMF was supposed to get Flash support, but I haven't seen any news on it until this. I assume a beta or update was released that finally allows building of SWF?