A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 Worlds Tutorial

I don't think he is asking where to find the most updated build, I think what he is asking is if someone is able to give him a tutorial on how to actually work with the Worlds Engine. I, being dumb, find it uber confusing myself and never had much time to really learn it, but I understand a tutorial would take ages probably (and most of the easier stuff is explained within the worlds engine anyway).

Anyway, can't help you dude, I dunno where to find a tutorial.

The engine is pretty straight-forward, in how the objects and events are organized to how everything, including most values, are labeled. If you poke around the events and mess with the object properties, you should be able to gain enough understand of the engine to be able to use it sufficiently.

The best tutorials are just to look at the stuff thats already in the engine. Look at gimmicks to learn how to program gimmicks, look at the character differentiation to learn how to do that, etc. Every event group has comments to go with it, though some are more commented than others.

Trying to make a generalized tutorial for how to use Sonic Worlds would be pretty much impossible... you can do just about anything with it.

• 9 months later...
Hey, is there any way to delete all the characters except for Sonic without error?

This is somewhat off topic, but I was looking at your game from your signature link. Releasing it on Sonic's 20th anniversary is a great idea. I hope you don't mind if I try to do that with my game also, if I can be done by then. Or better yet, have a community competition due on that date where we all vote for the best one. Sorry for being off topic, I'm just learning the engine myself so I can't help that much. But from 8 years of computer science I can tell you that trial and error methods are the best way to get things done on your own.