A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

iPad

Daniel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it, I was going to make a "I bet worm will love this thing" joke but he already beat me to it.

Anyway, I suppose if you didn't have a cellphone, computer, DVD player, TV, portable gaming system, or anything of the life this thing could be useful. But chances you're amish so its still against your traditions. I will admit the $30 non contract 3G is nice, but we're also talking ATT's 3G.

Damn it, I was going to make a "I bet worm will love this thing" joke but he already beat me to it.

I will admit the $30 non contract 3G is nice, but we're also talking ATT's 3G.

Eh, it's neat. I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch or anything, and the newest computer i have is four years old, so of course, I think this is pretty cool.

And regardless of what Verizon wants you to believe, AT&T's coverage isn't THAT bad. Well, in Indianapolis, it's fine. I don't know about Iowa.

My computer is kinda old, so it has problems with Hulu.

Eh, it's neat. I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch or anything, and the newest computer i have is four years old, so of course, I think this is pretty cool.

And regardless of what Verizon wants you to believe, AT&T's coverage isn't THAT bad. Well, in Indianapolis, it's fine. I don't know about Iowa.

My computer is kinda old, so it has problems with Hulu.

For the amount of money you would end up spending on one of these, you could build a pretty damn decent computer.

For the amount of money you would end up spending on one of these, you could build a pretty damn decent computer.

Yes, but will it sit in my lap while I'm laying in my bed starting to doze off? Can I take it on an airplane or in a long car ride? I'm not wanting to use this as a gaming machine or anything...I would want to use it as an entertainment machine.

For $500, you can build an okay computer, but I don't have a monitor sitting around, and that's another $100-150. A $350 computer would be decent, but not pretty damn decent. It will be paperweighted in a couple years though.

Chances are that if you want one, you already have an iPhone. So there really isn't that sets this apart from a giant, giantly priced PDA. Also, I can get free G3 with a Kindle.

That's the thing though, I have an iphone, and I DON'T want an Ipad. I'll spend my money on a fucking tablet pc or something like that. Eff the Ipad.

Actually worm, I've had a whole string of problems with ATT in the past. Regardless of how much they may have changed, I'm not willing to give them my money yet.

I was looking, and I suppose the iPad could come in handy in some situations, but I find the biggest turn off to be the price scaling. It's not competitive enough for me to care enough.

Actually worm, I've had a whole string of problems with ATT in the past. Regardless of how much they may have changed, I'm not willing to give them my money yet.

I was looking, and I suppose the iPad could come in handy in some situations, but I find the biggest turn off to be the price scaling. It's not competitive enough for me to care enough.

Scooter I'd recommend you don't, I switched back from t-mobile to them, they're still as bad as they were when I switched off. I'm actually just about set to switching to a nice android phone soon, the Iphone is great and all, but androids are catching up, and I like a good touchscreen + keyboard combo. The freaking droid has emulators you can snag off their appstore that run perfect.

Yes, but will it sit in my lap while I'm laying in my bed starting to doze off? Can I take it on an airplane or in a long car ride? I'm not wanting to use this as a gaming machine or anything...I would want to use it as an entertainment machine.

For $500, you can build an okay computer, but I don't have a monitor sitting around, and that's another $100-150. A $350 computer would be decent, but not pretty damn decent. It will be paperweighted in a couple years though.

Well, for 600 dollars you can also buy a laptop that probably way outclasses whatever you have now too. And that can do all of those things you are talking about with this low grade PDA. In all likelihood it'd also have a better resolution for watching movies too.

And this thing is just going to be a novelty toy from the minute you get it... so, I'm not really seeing the point.

i love my ipod classic, but i think the pants are just being worn too high here.

touch screen is fucking shit anyway, i blame nintendo for thinking that it was a good idea.

i mean has anyone played Mario64DS? it's pure shite.

The problem with Mario 64 DS was that the run button was like X or something, so it was really hard to run and jump or run and attack. They should've made L the run button so you could run and be able to use the jump and attack buttons freely. Shame those controls weren't customizable.

Oh yeah, the touch screen movement was a horrible idea and was really uncomfortable.

Honestly, the only reason I would get one of these would be to use it as a portable tablet screen thingy, a tablet screen you can actually carry around sounds very nifty indeed. I bet it would be twice as expensive here Down Under, though.

Edit: Also, it cannot possibly be any better for gaming than the iPhone, seriously, the problem with Apple's touch-screen based products and Project Natal is that touch screens/cameras on their own can only do so much without a proper control system.