A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

I dont care about what people use to do here while its about something that people didnt think too much.

With screens you can complain about graphics, with videos, about level design and gameplay, but for the gameplay... you cant know for sure if you'll have fun with it or not.

1. Video footage of gameplay is akin to someone playing the game. I doubt you can honestly tell me that you've never watched a friend play a game and made a value judgement (that looks boring, that looks fun, etc).

2. It's not what people "used to do" it's what is done. Waltz on over to the General Fangame Discussion and take a look. And the second you said "with videos, about level design and gameplay,..." you've already acknowledged that there's truth to it. Sure, you can't know for sure, I suppose but then again:

3. I'd like to think that after nearly 21 years of living I've grown to have a pretty good understanding of the kinds of things I enjoy. I've played a lot of Sonic games and I generally know what does/doesn't work for me in a Sonic game. Weak argument is weak, man.

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice there was another page or I wouldn't have repeated some of what Sereph just said.

Haha, fair enough- moving on.

Does anyone have any idea how the iPhone version will work? I can see the mine cart/rock gimmicks working with the accelerometer, but am doubting how useful that will with normal gameplay. I'm guessing just buttons.. where is Taxman?

1. Video footage of gameplay is akin to someone playing the game. I doubt you can honestly tell me that you've never watched a friend play a game and made a value judgement (that looks boring, that looks fun, etc).

2. It's not what people "used to do" it's what is done. Waltz on over to the General Fangame Discussion and take a look. And the second you said "with videos, about level design and gameplay,..." you've already acknowledged that there's truth to it. Sure, you can't know for sure, I suppose but then again:

3. I'd like to think that after nearly 21 years of living I've grown to have a pretty good understanding of the kinds of things I enjoy. I've played a lot of Sonic games and I generally know what does/doesn't work for me in a Sonic game. Weak argument is weak, man.

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice there was another page or I wouldn't have repeated some of what Sereph just said.

Well... anyone knows Tremulous??

A lot of friends tell me that that game is shit without playing it.

Cuz is hard to 'play as alien' or have bad graphics...

But tremulous is one of the best open source games available for windows and linux. It's really fun when you learn to play it and when you play it with friends. But people dont believe this while they didnt play it yet.

Sometimes bad judgements happens.

OK Moving on too

Oh hey, people talking about me! I'm not involved in Sonic 4 iPhone or otherwise so uh... sorry? I am working on some awesome stuff though, which I can't discuss publicly (NDA) so sorry again?

You should see at least one of the things I'm working on this year though so stay tuned.

You should see at least one of the things I'm working on this year though so stay tuned.

Was about to PM you and see how things were going, but I figured NDA was still hung over your head.

Soooo let's weed some info out of you. Are you now proficient in Objective-C? Are you enjoying the iPhone OS4 SDK? :P

Oh hey, people talking about me! I'm not involved in Sonic 4 iPhone or otherwise so uh... sorry? I am working on some awesome stuff though, which I can't discuss publicly (NDA) so sorry again?

Sorry? Not at all, it's cool to see you doing well- and NDA is awesome for you. That's serious business

Nice. I've made a feedback thread on Sonic4 forums in the point of view of someone that have a lot of experience in making sonic games with Game Maker and someone who have played all 2d Sonic games and someone who is 19 years old.

Every answer lacks of any time of reasoning.

Why am I still on that forum if i hate morer or less every member of it? -.-

Nice. I've made a feedback thread on Sonic4 forums in the point of view of someone that have a lot of experience in making sonic games with Game Maker and someone who have played all 2d Sonic games and someone who is 19 years old.

did you know:

Saying things like this make you sound far more dense and idiotic than you might actually be!

No need for Insults, Geona.

....yyeaaaah i've never seen one of your sonic games before. For all we know you could make games just like Sonic 4. And if you can't tell, around here it isnt much of a good thing.

You can take a look at Sonic REX engine for GM =)

I make engines, no games, cuz I'm not a good artist.

I'm also studying computer enginyeering.

I mean, I know what I'm talking about in terms of making games, and more about sonic.

But talking from reasonability, everyone just seems not to have brain.

And Geona, that kind of question I made is just a retoric one. I'm on the forum cuz I like sonic and i'm excited about sonic 4.