A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Everyone here that have an HD TV will buy this game. And you know it.

Else you're not a sonic fan. Thats what I see : /

Yup this is true.

Admit it everyone. As much as we nitpick on this game (that isnt even out, may i add) we are all probably still going to buy this one, episode 2 and how many other there are.

Yup this game may "suck" but soon itll be our "suck".

Oh hell no i'm not. I just don't feel like doing it. Whats the point; its obvious the game is going to disappoint in light of the genesis titles, hell even the ADVANCE titles show a greater amount of effort than this shit. (not to say the advance titles didn't try or anything. They definitely did.) But since you insist...

The whole point of moving to 3D is to make things easier, but they don't compensate for ANYTHING. Sonic looks retarded. The parallax looks retarded. He fucking decelerates down hills while rolling. It even looks like he uses the incorrect animation while using the side bumper thingies. Supersonic....egh. Happy to see him, but this is the worst he's looked...well, ever. His high-speed animation is even more out of place than when he was regular.

This game does not look interesting. It looks like a really pretty fangame to me, seriously. If they called Sonic Advance 3 "Sonic 4" when they made it, it would have actually been believable. This game is a joke.

Look, this is the game in my eyes.

Graphics - Pretty. Sometimes. Ugly others. In terms of execution overall, lower than the genesis and advance titles at achieving anything.

Music- Passable at best. The loops are obvious and get old way too quick to be in a Sonic game. The only reason this one doesn't have the worst of the sonic BGM's is because SatSR exists.

Gameplay- Runs on the Sonic Rush engine with all the features stripped away. No tricks, boosts or (i guess) grinding. Only the homing attack. Gimmicks dont look very fun. They just reuse the same one throughout the level and put increasingly annoying enemies in the way. Overall...like i said, a really pretty fangame is what this looks like. Except many of you here have made fangames that are more entertaining to look at than this shit.

Sega seems to believe that "returning to roots" means watering down the game and focusing on one thing. The genesis titles, however, have always been 1) Technical marvels of their time period, and 2) built upon the previous title.

So, ignoring the Advance series, Sonic 4 is missing shield attacks, insta shield, and 2 playable characters, Tails and Knuckles. Not to mention, the physics engine seems to be less capable than the tile-scripted one used in the genesis titles. INCLUDING the Advance series (which didn't have shield attacks), the game is still lacking gimmicks and at the very least 3 unique characters (Amy was pretty damn fun to use in advance.) Im not even going to go into detail on what Sonic Advance 3 had over this game. Sonic Rush, however, focused on speed, and for the most part was the best 2D game at balancing pure speed and gameplay. Not to mention, Blaze and Sonic's differences in speed and maneuvers made Time Attack and Ghost Racing extremely fun to play. This game (technically speaking) is Sonic Rush without Sonic Rush...so it has technically been horrifically downgraded. There is nothing this game has over anything they've done in the past...not to mention its going to be the shortest as well. This game is Ass.

Why do people make huge word walls over my satirical posts :(

If nothing else, it seems the new games are making people like older titles... I remember how back in the day everybody talked shit about Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, and after Sonic 2k6 all of a sudden the SA games became retroactively good ("I've always liked them", people would claim). Now Sonic 4 is doing the same for Sonic Advance?

Sonic Adventure was one of the first games I picked up for my Sega Dreamcast. It's by far the best 3D Sonic game, and it's hella memorable. It's always been a good game for any number of reasons. Although I do see where you're coming from.

Yup this is true.

Admit it everyone. As much as we nitpick on this game (that isnt even out, may i add) we are all probably still going to buy this one, episode 2 and how many other there are.

Yup this game may "suck" but soon itll be our "suck".

Ain't going to happen unless the demo's good. Which I doubt. If there's no demo, I won't buy.

Sonic Adventure was one of the first games I picked up for my Sega Dreamcast. It's by far the best 3D Sonic game, and it's hella memorable. It's always been a good game for any number of reasons. Although I do see where you're coming from.

Ain't going to happen unless the demo's good. Which I doubt. If there's no demo, I won't buy.

Or you can play it at a friends house or something :awink:

Well there is always a demo if you end up playing it on the 360, I don't know about the PS3 marketplace because I haven't really poked around much in there yet.

But yeah, XBLA games always have a trial you can download.

Wow. These guys pathetic.

How does every other game they create get leaked? And how do they absolutely fail at keeping shit under wraps EVERY SINGLE TIME they create something? Bigger and better game designers rarely ever have this shit happen to them, but Sega takes it another step farther and just gives the game out to people for free.

Bigger and better game designers rarely ever have this shit happen to them, but Sega takes it another step farther and just gives the game out to people for free.

Dude, Sony has been having information leaks for the last two years, and Xbox360 full games get leaked up to 2 month before release. It's not unique to Sega...

Dude, Sony has been having information leaks for the last two years, and Xbox360 full games get leaked up to 2 month before release. It's not unique to Sega...

Yeah, big games like this get leaked always. If you play WoW, you know how under wraps the current friends and family alpha is

The whole episode has been leaked, more or less, and I've already concluded that it's a lazy, sub-par rehash. It's virtually impossible at this point for Sega to get me excited about it now.

On another note, a guy in my class mentioned to me that he heard that for the "new Sonic game", Sega is gonna be selling the levels individually so you can cherry-pick the ones you want. I have no idea where he got that from.

Ok guys according to the sonic stadium the game has been delayed untill late 2010 to "continue development". Now I may still be young and filled with hope (even though what we've seen so far has been disapointing), but this could be a good thing. It could fix various things like the floaty jump, and other problems in the game. Thats just me.

Ok guys according to the sonic stadium the game has been delayed untill late 2010 to "continue development". Now I may still be young and filled with hope (even though what we've seen so far has been disapointing), but this could be a good thing. It could fix various things like the floaty jump, and other problems in the game. Thats just me.

Thats... Actually.... Fantastic news!!!! And i think they had to when they promised to deliver a fantastic game, right?

It was also announced for the iPhone.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/20/sonic-4-delayed-until-late-2010-will-be-released-on-iphone/

Well hey, I guess all of the complaining did something. I remember a while back that people were complaining about the new-school Sonic being in the game, and Sega said something like "We're listening to these complaints" or something like that. Guess they weren't blowing steam.