A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Serephim

Like, best movie ive ever seen. Ever.

Go give James Cameron your money, please. It pisses me off shit like Twilight sells more than gold like this movie. I went to see it on a whim, but now that i have seen it i cant think of anything ive seen that was more enjoyable, really.

I saw it in 2D a couple of days ago. I haven't actually seen Dances with Wolves or Ferngully or other movies like that, so the plot didn't hit any low points for me.

But I didn't go there for the plot, like most of us did. Looking at the world of Pandora is an amazingly beautiful thing that I'll have in my head for ages. I'm probably gonna go back and watch it in 3D before the month ends.

Eh, call me lame, but I kind of despise the idea of having to pay extra money so that I can awkwardly wear glasses over my glasses. And having it done more often.. I mean, most movies aren't good movies..

I didnt have a problem with it. The 3D glasses do lower contrast a bit, but trust me you wont notice it during the movie, neither will you care. It was a tad uncomfortable, but nothing experience breaking. I once or twice tipped off the glasses to see normally what the movie looks like, and surprisingly it isnt distorted too much.

This is actually the first 3D movie ive ever seen. The effect of added depth to everything is quite interesting, its pretty hard to explain, but filter effects and greenery VERY much stand out with the 3D effects. They dont do anything gimmicky with the 3D effects in this movie. I'd recommend seeing it with the glasses on, i'd be pissed if i initially saw this movie without them.

Plotwise there was nothing for me to complain about, unless you think comparing it to the Smurfs or Ferngully or something actually comes off as funny or even relevant. As with most great movies, RPGs, and books, plotwise it isnt very complicated or deep, its just executed very well.

BTW, I noted in the first post that i saw this movie on a whim because i KNEW the main factors that stop most of you from seeing it would be the hype (specifically hype of the director, that tends to turn people off), ridiculous amounts of money spent on the effects (once again, when people spend money on effects everyone seems to bitch for no reason), and the fact that there really is no way to enjoy the odd blue people until you sit down and watch the movie.

Anyway, i'd recommend seeing it in 3D. The effect takes a few minutes to get used to (everything at first seems horribly blurry), but once you get used to changing perspectives the effect is very much enjoyed. But IMO i'd just tell everyone to fuck the critics who are saying its an Eyecandy fest. Fuck them hard. Unless you think like them, in which case whatever. Its one of those love it or hate it plots. (But i have no liking for people who say something is garbage just because they've seen something similar.)

I didnt have a problem with it. The 3D glasses do lower contrast a bit, but trust me you wont notice it during the movie, neither will you care. It was a tad uncomfortable, but nothing experience breaking...

Yea, for sure, I saw UP in 3D and thought it was great. It's just that it's pretty expensive and I'm kind of strapped for cash.

On the subject of glasses. I've been curious for a while as to whatever happened to those shades people were wearing in the 90s that were tinted varying shades of yellow. Yea, I know, barely relates. :X

I live in NYC so a 3D movie is normally $15, I hate that they try justify the ticket cost by saying you get to keep the glasses, they should deduct from the ticket price if I use the glasses again, I don't need another pair of useless specs.

Also I think its more if you go to a specific IMAX theatre for the reeeally big screens.

As for the movie, I am not big on fantasy movies, but I am big on 3D movies (I have an Nvidia 3D vision set up at home), so I will definitely be seeing it in IMAX 3D.

IMAX 3D here in florida cost $15, or $17 if you reserve online. I'd definitely see it again once more, but not in IMAX (it's a 1 time experience for IMAX ;D).

As for the movie itself, I loved just about all aspects of it, they focus on the Nabi race a ton, show the way they handle life and how awesome some of their rituals are. The main character grows on you, at first you feel like he's a giant douchebag. Also it's been a while since I've watched a movie with a villian type character that was such a badass and evil and pushed his limits to get what he wants, I really liked how he was portrayed.

I guess it's about $10 per ticket. I'm a cheapskate college student with no job, haha. Also, I add the extra $6-10 for Sour Patch Kids and soda that I forgot to shove into my jacket automatically.

I am glad to hear it's good, though. Looking forward to seeing it sometime after Christmas. :x

Edit: Also, because of all the whining about Twilight and how no one's seeing this. $232.2mil Someone is.