A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

You're 'avin a LARF - A NEW SONG HOLY MOLY

Ristar

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, that was really good! Not my genre, but I wanna hear some more of your stuff :D

There's just a couple tweaks that I feel could make the song a little more polished. The guitar sounds a bit muffled - if that's the right word, so I'd do some EQ work. Maybe bring up the highs and cut off some of the mud and low mids (250-400 Hz), but just experiment around.

I'd personally also cut out that last strumming bit starting at 2:31, but that's just a personal preference thing.

Again, that was really good. Keep it up! Hope I could help!

This is win.

You got some epic skill, Ristar. This is the first of your music I've ever heard, so bear with me.

+Your guitar and singing skills are phenomenal.

+The lyrics are artistic, creative

+The harmonies are very nicely done.

-In some parts, it feels lacking, but not too lacking, of course.

?-If you could perhaps add a few more instrumental parts to that little bit of strumming near the end, that'd really make it sound better, IMO.

Hey man, that was really good! Not my genre, but I wanna hear some more of your stuff :D

There's just a couple tweaks that I feel could make the song a little more polished. The guitar sounds a bit muffled - if that's the right word, so I'd do some EQ work. Maybe bring up the highs and cut off some of the mud and low mids (250-400 Hz), but just experiment around.

I'd personally also cut out that last strumming bit starting at 2:31, but that's just a personal preference thing.

Again, that was really good. Keep it up! Hope I could help!

Yeah I should have cut out that last strumming bit, it's had mixed reviews, some people love it. I was intending to bring the tracks into FL or Ableton and have some drums and keyboards over it, but I thought it would sound a bit too busy and liked the simplicity.

Thanks for the help though, I'll see what I can do ;)

I like that quite a lot I'm no musician of course I think your singing and guitar playing were great. But I also think a few of the lyrics were a little weak in spots I liked the lyrics overall but it seems like there were some spots where things should have rhymed and easily could have but didn't and it felt off putting. I don't know, I listen to a lot of music but I don't play anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Diggin' it dude. I like your voice a lot.

I am hearing a killer opportunity for an acoustic guitar solo coming out of the second chorus (with the three part harmonies) over that chord progression right after. Maybe start the solo while the "-ide" syllable is still sustaining out. I dunno... in any event it's your song.

KEEP IT UP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...