A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anyone up for a retro gaming tourney?

ila

Doom sounds pretty good, although I personally feel that two weapons should be taken out; the Super Shotgun and the BFG. Plus, keep the rules of Doom into play; no jump commands, no mouse look.

Plus its very easy to acquire a copy of Doom or Doom II these days.

Or maybe Quake III Arena?

Doom sounds pretty good, although I personally feel that two weapons should be taken out; the Super Shotgun and the BFG. Plus, keep the rules of Doom into play; no jump commands, no mouse look.

Plus its very easy to acquire a copy of Doom or Doom II these days.

Or maybe Quake III Arena?

QuakeLive.

Sonic 2 is nice. I'm also up for Quake Live, Puyo Puyo and the imbalanced gore fest that is MK3 (no Sub-Zero, no Kabal, Final Destination). Dunno what else we could play... Do MAME emulators support gameplay? I'd like to kick some ass in Magical Drop 3.

The only strategy game I'd have a fair chance of doing anything is Heroes of Might and Magic III. But not only do I think it isn't popular enough in this community, I wouldn't play it because a match lasts like... a very long time. As for Starcraft, or any RTS for that matter, I personally suck at them. I suck so hard, you'd think I was playing Earthworm Jim on Hard with one hand, and with Cluedo being my only prior gaming experience.

If Puyo Puyo is too much for people to handle, we can always play Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine...

The only strategy game I'd have a fair chance of doing anything is Heroes of Might and Magic III. But not only do I think it isn't popular enough in this community, I wouldn't play it because a match lasts like... a very long time. As for Starcraft, or any RTS for that matter, I personally suck at them. I suck so hard, you'd think I was playing Earthworm Jim on Hard with one hand, and with Cluedo being my only prior gaming experience.

If Puyo Puyo is too much for people to handle, we can always play Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine...

You think you'd have a chance at Heroes III? BUAHAHAHAH! Actually no, I'm not that good at it, but my brother is and he'd want to play too if he thought there was a tourney. I'd offer to play you, but it would take like 4 to 8 hours on a medium map (and I just don't have time for that) and right now I only have Heroes 5 installed anyway.

errwhut? They're the same game. In fact MBM would just be harder on people since you can't counter incoming attacks in that ruleset.

DAMMIT ILA! I'm trying to trick everyone here! Shush!

You think you'd have a chance at Heroes III? BUAHAHAHAH! Actually no, I'm not that good at it, but my brother is and he'd want to play too if he thought there was a tourney. I'd offer to play you, but it would take like 4 to 8 hours on a medium map (and I just don't have time for that) and right now I only have Heroes 5 installed anyway.

Tiny map, no Necropolis, Final Destination.