A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spindash animation help

cap64

OK, I thought it'd be pretty easy to replace spindash animation, but apparently not. I've spend the last i don't know how long trying to get this work.

Basically the problem right now is, after I replaced the animation, in the game if I spindash, the spindash will simply produce multiple still images of the first frame. Nothing more.

So I tried setting it to run just once as well "one action if event loops" The animation works, but only once. It'll appear, run once, and dissappear.

helpr.jpg

I've tried a many other different things, but I'm getting nowhere.

I figure I must be missing something here. So any help would be much appreciated.

"Run once" means to run the event only once the entire frame.

Try replacing it with "One action when event loops." that means it can only be run once, but when the qualifers aren't met the event can be reused.

I did try that, but it had the same effect. The animation runs once, then disappears.

@ flame6753

I suppose I could actually try that, although I'm still suspicious as to why this doesn't work. Afterall, it could help during the future.

I did try that, but it had the same effect. The animation runs once, then disappears.

@ flame6753

I suppose I could actually try that, although I'm still suspicious as to why this doesn't work. Afterall, it could help during the future.

Why not try looking through the sonicworlds code?

Why not try looking through the sonicworlds code?

Wait, what exactly do you mean by that.

If you mean checking event editor, I've checked through it and tried various different things for nearly 3 hours. As I mentioned in the first post, I haven't been getting anywhere.

Wait, what exactly do you mean by that.

If you mean checking event editor, I've checked through it and tried various different things for nearly 3 hours. As I mentioned in the first post, I haven't been getting anywhere.

Tried just simple porting the SonicWorlds code to the BaseEngine and watching if it works?

Hmm, I deleted the warp engine, and now it works. ?? I realize there's another warp engine related problem regarding badniks. So clearly the warp engine is doing something bad to Sonic Worlds.

Usualy when i find a unusual bug, I turn of each group of an event one at a time to see which might be affecting it.