A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

It's time to drop a little bomb

The Taxman

I can almost guarantee it isn't anything bad. I think he removed the videos for confidentiality. If he was rejected or something similar, he wouldve left the concept video up, right? I can almost taste that fan-made content, endorsed by sega now :) But thats just my guess.

Equally, it could be a C&D...

SEGA is a big organisation, an international organisation. This could be one guy's idea? And we don't know if the people at SEGA Japan - where the real decisions are made - know/knew anything of this project. If they didn't, that could be a can of whoop-ass opened on Taxman when he didn't know (or deserve) it.

LarkSS: SEGA is not a monolithic organisation, that was the point I was trying to get across. We don't know if this is SEGA of Japan sanctioned, if they knew of this, or if it was just one employee who thinks he's more important than he is. So what exactly does "SEGA" mean in this context?

Oh, why didn't I comment on this earlier, I wonder? Luckily I saw it when it was still up.. And well, That was looking awesome. Even if it didn't get accepted as a new iphone game idea for SEGA, keeping it as a side project wouldn't be bad. But seeing that the video is down now makes me wonder whether it was accepted or not.

So I'll just quote Cyborg this time

anyway, let's hope taxman sheds some light on the issue SOON

LarkSS: SEGA is not a monolithic organisation, that was the point I was trying to get across. We don't know if this is SEGA of Japan sanctioned, if they knew of this, or if it was just one employee who thinks he's more important than he is. So what exactly does "SEGA" mean in this context?

Yah, thank you. This applies that marketing rep thread too.

Well for one, playing Sonic CD on the DSi would be in your choice of either crop-o-vision or ugly-sacling-o-vision, as a single DS screen has a resolution of 256 x 192, opposed to the Genesis's 320 x 224. That's a lot of space that can't be displayed.

Didn't really hurt the Advance games, and, it could be worse. You could be playing it on an N-Gage.

Actually, I meant to write Advance games, and even realized I accidentally wrote DS and went back to change it, but must have somehow forgot to change it along the way.

I'm going senile.

... Not that I couldn't pick out plenty to hate about Sonic Rush.

Sonic rush sucks ass