A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SonicForever, OLD WEBSITE

Realm0D

Well then it doesn't really matter what engine Forever is using as you are making your own right?

Seriously I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting tired of people saying they want to make their own engine only to use one of Dami's earlier engines and add all the stuff they need much the same as Sonic Worlds only shittier. It doesn't matter whether you program the monitors or shields no one cares. Worlds are better than anything you'd probably make anyway so unless you are planning to create your own 360 engine just use worlds :P.

Worlds isn't what i'm looking for, i want to make my own engine. Not use someone elses....

You know what's faster? Using someone else's.

I haven't once used my own engine. I pushed Dami's MMF1.5 engine to its limits to warrant a move to Sonic Worlds. Then, as 2007 Pristine Palisade's lag indicates, we pushed that one to its limits. The rest is history.

You know what's faster? Using someone else's.

I haven't once used my own engine. I pushed Dami's MMF1.5 engine to its limits to warrant a move to Sonic Worlds. Then, as 2007 Pristine Palisade's lag indicates, we pushed that one to its limits. The rest is history.

It's just, if it was made by me, I know were everything is, Everything does and How it does it and can easily edit what I want to tweak. I find SonicWorlds code *Some not all* Complicated. I have no idea what Sin & Cos functions are for I know what "abs" is and I know what it can be used for as SonicWorlds has tought me that but it's those little things that I just don't understand.

Know this Realm. Just about everyone game company uses someone's engine. Especially the unreal engine and if I'm not mistaken, FF13 uses unreal. It's not about using someone engine, is about what you can do with that engine. Pretty much what Slingerland said.

Besides that the SW engine have comments everywhere in the events editor.

You cannot create a 360 engine without using Sin and Cos so you've pretty much eliminated any chance of that happening. But you know what? I'm not very good with Sin and Cos either and the xmas engine uses them which is what Time Twisted runs on and some how I managed to make time twisted, so I'm sure you can manage to make something with worlds.

You cannot create a 360 engine without using Sin and Cos so you've pretty much eliminated any chance of that happening. But you know what? I'm not very good with Sin and Cos either and the xmas engine uses them which is what Time Twisted runs on and some how I managed to make time twisted, so I'm sure you can manage to make something with worlds.

Sure, I can edit code a bit. But I'm probably 1/8 as good as Blaze_Hedgehog. Now that is poor and I've been using Clickteam products for 2 years now.