A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Guitar Hero

yea, I know the game's kinda old, but I don't think I've seen a thread about it yet.

The game is absolutely amazing. If none of my friends are around to hang out with, I will literally drive to Best Buy to play the game. Usually someone I know will see me and we'll hang, but only after 5 more songs.

Lemme share with you my first time playing:

The TV had been cranked up, but I didn't know, so when I chose Ironman as my first song, well, I was taken aback. I couldn't turn it down, though, cause the song had started. So I played the best I could.

At one point, I started nailing all the right notes. The song got louder, to the point where, and I am not making this up, a little boy started crying.

"Oh ____ yes."

The Best Buy eployees didn't stop me. One of them actually started playing air guitar.

Time for the next song: Take me Out by Franz Ferdinand. I belted that one out of the park.

Today, I came back after hanging at Stephanie's house. It was time for another go. I immediately noticed one song I missed last time: Killer Queen by Queen.

Queen, FYI, is the greatest band. Not "ever". Not "of all time". If you can REALLY call these masterful artists a "band", it doesn't matter. They are the greatest.

Then I found another song I loved: Stellar by Incubis. When I was in 8th grade, and had just got a computer with a CD burner, I was usually listening to Incubus or Linkin Park or Aerosmith or Creed or whatever. Hearing Stellar after 4 years really brought me back. It was like an acid trip, sans the acid.

Eventually, some kids wanted to play, so we had a rock off. Unforutunately, the other dudes had to bail during the second song (probably out to sell some cocaine or something. They ARE rockers, after all) so I won be default.

Anyways, I'm thinking about buying it. It's 70 bucks for the game and 1 controller. If a friend wants to pitch in, I'll get a second controller so we can rock together.

Real guitars FTW.

On that note, I must learn how to play mines. My dad bought me one, but I wanted an electic guitar. The one I have now is an Acuostic Guitar. I suppose I should learn to play it to get use to reading notes and stuff.

I have an electric guitar that I got for Christmas last year in the attic. I tried to play it but even after attempting to learn with practice books and such I jsut gave up.

This is rapidly turning into a failed/wannabe guitarist topic.

I say definitely buy it - this game is fantastic. I've had it for around two months now and I still play it at least once every two or three days. Seeing as I don't have the patience (or sense of rhythm, heh) to learn how to play a real guitar, this suits me just fine. =P I think I've come to a brick wall in terms of progression, though. I've aced every song on medium and I can play about two-thirds of the songs on Hard competently, but the last several tracks murder me. The sheer mass of notes that fly across the board for Bark at the Moon is quite scary.

Oh...yeah, I guess I've returned. Yet again.

Guitar Hero is definetly a must buy. It's well worth the $70, and if you are hyped up about the first game, then you'll be even more excited about the second game coming in November, which has new multiplayer modes and also ups the difficulty a bit. (Guitar Hero 1's expert mode is Guitar Hero 2's hard mode.) I've pretty much played all I can of the game ever since I got it as an x-mas present, only stuck on Bark at the Moon and Cowboys From Hell on Expert mode, but I still go back to it at least once a week to play random songs.

I say definitely buy it - this game is fantastic. I've had it for around two months now and I still play it at least once every two or three days. Seeing as I don't have the patience (or sense of rhythm, heh) to learn how to play a real guitar, this suits me just fine. =P I think I've come to a brick wall in terms of progression, though. I've aced every song on medium and I can play about two-thirds of the songs on Hard competently, but the last several tracks murder me. The sheer mass of notes that fly across the board for Bark at the Moon is quite scary.

Oh...yeah, I guess I've returned. Yet again.

<3 Clwe

I assume you plan on getting GH2?