A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Desktop thread

Cyber Rat

I hit the search button, and the last desktop thread was from September 2007. So, post your desktops, and let's see how they look after 2 years (or in my case, 6 years, since that's the last time a posted in a desktop thread on SFGHQ).

newdesktop.jpg

EDIT: Since I use a shared PC, I rarely get a chance to customize my desktop because of my computer-illiterate brother. I took the opportunity of him being away for a few days, reinstalled windows, and did somewhat of a makeover. The kanji card at the top changes every 30 seconds between kanjis I have to learn for college. I only wish I knew how to change the rainmeter gadget from playing Winamp to playing Songbird...

Meant to start a new one but never got around to it. Ah well.

desktop-6.jpg

Like to keep it pretty simple. Also, thank god for Astra; some of my friends are assholes and only chat through Facebook. I was glad to cram that in with AIM, IRC, Gmail, and all those other clients instead of having a shitload of Firefox tabs.

EDIT: Ack. Photobucket resized it. Probably for the best.

• Like 1

I can't be assed to reupload it. It's not like you guys need to know that my friend Haley is one month away from San Fransisco. Haley's dumb anyways.

However, if you can't read what I'm listening to on the right, it's Anamanaguchi's newest album, and everyone here is required to spend 5 measly bucks on it.

but macs are a bit annoying really, I use them in the computer labs at uni and they're just so up themselves. The mouse speed is really slow, you have to hold Command to right click, it never does what you want it to do because it thinks it knows what you want already.

Trust me, stick with Windows, it might be a bit shit sometimes but at least it's humble and you can make it do what you want.