A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Is there a decent static / 360 degree engine i could learn from?

i found some 360 degree movement engines the other day, but they we're filled with terms and elements i could not understand.

is there anywhere which has a decent engine, or one with instructions on what every action does?

P.S (i know Sonic worlds has a decent engine, but i wanna try and work on my own from the ground, up)

thanks in advance

Gamerdude and Andrew (Suspended Chaos) made a couple basic static tutorials back in the day. Download them here and here. Might wanna check out all the basic static tutorials on this page, really.

Also, that image in your sig is huge. Please cut out all the white space. Or you can refrain from using an image at all, and just write it in text. It's just way too big right now.

• Like 1

Gamerdude and Andrew (Suspended Chaos) made a couple basic static tutorials back in the day. Download them here and here. Might wanna check out all the basic static tutorials on this page, really.

Also, that image in your sig is huge. Please cut out all the white space. Or you can refrain from using an image at all, and just write it in text. It's just way too big right now.

thank you

yeah i just realaised about the signature tbh, thanks

Gamerdude and Andrew (Suspended Chaos) made a couple basic static tutorials back in the day.

Haha, way back in the day. Just a note about my tutorial, it's very simple and you should use it just as an explanation of the terms and concepts involved with Static engines. Don't use it as an actual engine. (Well, for a Sonic game, anyway. You can use it for like, Mario or anything that doesn't require actual true slopes.)

edit: faarrrrk 2004? that's insane. i still remember making that. :o