A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

All you bastards should play "The Conduit" with me.

Slingerland

I hear it's dreadfully generic, but I might look into it.

I guess that you can say that it's generic if you've played Halo or any FPS on other consoles. But, I live in a cut-off world where I only own a Wii.

The multiplayer feels like a throwback and the controls... goddamn, they're awesome. It makes "Red Steel" look like a complete bitch.

Glad to see that someone else got this awesome game. I made a topic about it a while back, and everyone pretty much ignored it. I don't have Wii speak, but I'll get it if I get enough friends. Friend code:

3695-7796-3944

Doom made Red Steel look like a bitch. Yea, I said it.

Meh, I'll look into it. But only cuz I like ya.

Doom makes most FPS look like a bitch. That's because it was good, unlike most FPS games these days.

That's because it was good, unlike most FPS games these days.

There are pretty decent FPS these days, probably more than 15 years ago. The problem is that everybody wanted a piece of the Halo cake, and then we started getting random generic console FPS.

@Brad:

I suggest you get Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead (2), or even something like Quake Live. They aren't that demanding as far as hardware goes, and a I know a few people from SFGHQ that play TF2 and L4D. Of course, this is just a suggestion if you really want an online FPS experience. If you want to play a console game online, then all I can say is that I would play with you if I had a Wii.

• Like 1

Yes, I've yet to play Team Fortress 2, but I'm not talking about that one. I'm talking more about the dozen WW2 shooters that come out or all those crappy Halo knockoffs. Seriously, Doom is better than 90% of games that come out these days anyways. I'll give Red Steel credit for trying something new, although it royally skrewed it up.

Metroid Prime Hunters Dawg. it's Too Legit son. that was the only fps I seriously got into competetively. I was ranked 128 overall worldwide as my best rank on the leadersboards, but sadly the damn hackers took over and hacked the leadersboards. They also took over the game, you cannot play a match anymore without someone using action replay.

oh.. and Im in the process of ...acquiring the conduit.

What do you mean by acquiring...

Really? OK.

acquiring–verb (used with object)' date=' -quired, -quir⋅ing.

1. to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property. [/quote']

In short, he's going to go buy the game.

I couldn't have been a bigger dick just now.

low sales of the good Wii games means no more good Wii games...

As long as the game sells a million on the Wii (Like most FPS did on the console like Call of Duty), then that'd be great.

Oh and I got this game on Saturday, yeah it's nothing special, but I still think it's a very fun game regardless. Controls are the best I've played on a console FPS, the weapons are pretty cool and the Multiplayer is the best I've seen yet on the Wii.

I'm predicting this game will sell as well as Madworld, if it's lucky.

Mostly because it's not getting much of a push from the gaming press (and the mixed reviews), but also because playing backups doesn't require a modchip anymore.

Didn't MadWorld sold around 200k or something? That game was very niche too (for obvious reasons).

But I guess we'll see how The Conduit turns out in sales in a few weeks.

Okay... I misunderstood. I apologize for my comments. Anyways, I'm glad that SEGA is taking a chance and putting out some great hardcore titles for the Wii now. First Madworld and HotdOK, and now Conduit. Hopefully they will publish the Grinder next year. I'm also really impressed on how this game looks. During the single player game, I stopped to look at one of the aliens, and noticed how nice the reflections and such on it's back are, and how detailed they all are. The only thing I can really ask for would be more. More levels, more story, more bosses (the game doesn't really have any) and more features in multiplayer.

Didn't MadWorld sold around 200k or something? That game was very niche too (for obvious reasons).

But I guess we'll see how The Conduit turns out in sales in a few weeks.

I'm pretty sure it had rough sales.

The game has sold around 66,000 copies in its first month of release in North America, according to NPD Group.[30] These sales numbers have been used by market research firm OTX Research to justify their assertion that hype and marketing do not translate into sales figures; MadWorld, while commanding the "highest level of unique interest" based on user input at IGN, ranks 41st in OTX's sales metric for all Wii titles.[31] Despite low sales for both MadWorld and House of the Dead: Overkill, Sega will continue to explore mature games for the Wii, according to Gary Dunn, a director at Sega Europe, noting that such games have a long tail in sales as such games become more discounted.[32]

So is anyone else going to post their friend code? Also, I managed to beat single player the other day, and to be honest, I was somewhat dissapointed at the end.

Pretty much it's just a bunch of enemies zerg rushing you and after you kill them all, you get the credits. That's it. No epic boss fight, no real explanation. I guess they plan on making a sequel, and maybe that will explain some more. But that ending has got to be the biggest load of shit since Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast.

However, the multiplayer is a nice distraction, and it makes the game worth the $50 I paid for it. I'd like a bit more to it, such as the ranking system from Mario Kart, but I guess I'll have to wait for the sequel. By the way, anyone elso been having a problem with the game taking forever to get online and start a game? I have a Wireless N router and cable internet, and it still takes a while.

Metroid Prime Hunters Dawg. it's Too Legit son. that was the only fps I seriously got into competetively. I was ranked 128 overall worldwide as my best rank on the leadersboards, but sadly the damn hackers took over and hacked the leadersboards. They also took over the game, you cannot play a match anymore without someone using action replay.

oh.. and Im in the process of ...acquiring the conduit.

Hunters? You got into that pile of lackluster competitively? Wow. Thats just sad.