A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Werehog HUD

BOB_ROX

I got a health sprite I wanna use so it shows the Health and Unleashed gauge on it. But I dont know how to code it, Like do I both have them empty?, Plus I was wondering if I use another sonic gameplay engine such as the revival unleashed engine would I be able to cut the lives code outta that and use it and will it work the same?, or do I have to do it a different way?

Heres the sprite of the health bar I wanna use (Sorry if I didnt use Photobucket or anything but it was Waaaaaaaay too slow so I went on sendspace which was quicker)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2h7jas

I got a health sprite I wanna use so it shows the Health and Unleashed gauge on it. But I dont know how to code it, Like do I both have them empty?, Plus I was wondering if I use another sonic gameplay engine such as the revival unleashed engine would I be able to cut the lives code outta that and use it and will it work the same?, or do I have to do it a different way?

Heres the sprite of the health bar I wanna use (Sorry if I didnt use Photobucket or anything but it was Waaaaaaaay too slow so I went on sendspace which was quicker)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2h7jas

Do you know any GM coding AT ALL?

Yeah I originally went to yoyogames to find one but it only had 2 sprites with one green and one red and it changes with the directional buttons. which really didnt help at all. But yeah I'll try this one out and thank you for your help.

Its simple!

use this code,

//For x use this: view_xview[0]+0
//For y use this: view_yview[0]+0,
[/CODE]

with the +0 you add your view example:

[CODE]
// draw_sprite(sprHUD, 0, view_xview+16, view_yview+9);
[/CODE]

its like draw_sprite or text (sprite,subimg,x,y)

You dont need the [0] im not sure what its for.

Do i put that in my obj player or do i put that in my hud/health object?

Nevermind i figured it out but except its in the draw event of the player (which had nothing except this) Now it drew over the player, being in the position i want but the player is gone. It still moves as if the player is there but the sprites of the player isnt.

• 3 years later...
hi i see your looking for information about werehog and i need that character for my game sonic generations fan game, can u send me a engine?

Bit of a necropost but I'll answer your concern instead of sending an engine.

The Werehog plays like a brawler game so you're better off finding a brawler/combo engine instead and fitting it into your game. GMC should have heaps of them.

Also, avoid asking for other peoples engine unless those engine are open source and available for others to use. No one would give their own hard work away to someone else to use as their own.